How does Riot buff bad champions, historically?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How does Riot buff bad champions, historically?

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 months ago#1
So looking at previous patch histories and PBE experiments, how would Riot go about buffing a champion who is just really bad? Do they typically just give a small buff and call it a day, or do they over buff, or do they do a series of small buffs over time? When one of these bad champions gets a buff, and nothing changes, what is Riot's course of action then? If the champion's buff overblew them into must ban area, are they immediately nerfed back into the ground or just a lovetap? Item changes?
LoL : HipsterSora ||| Loves of my Life : Sora and Ezreal
Sasageyo, SASAGEYO! Shinzou o Sasaaaageyo! ||| Currently reading Stone Ocean

User Info: HamJabroni

HamJabroni
4 months ago#2
reworks and meta changes for the most part. for example, Poppy, Galio, and Darius. also: Twitch. He hasn't really received any attention directly but strong support items, doran's shield, crit item buffs, and nerfs to lucian and caitlyn made him really strong. same to tristana.
LoL is better than hell? What a joke. LoL is hell itself. There's no hope to be had in it - nothing but absolute despair.
Persona 5 life https://goo.gl/9jhct5

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 months ago#3
ignoring reworks
LoL : HipsterSora ||| Loves of my Life : Sora and Ezreal
Sasageyo, SASAGEYO! Shinzou o Sasaaaageyo! ||| Currently reading Stone Ocean

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
4 months ago#4
HipsterSora posted...
So looking at previous patch histories and PBE experiments, how would Riot go about buffing a champion who is just really bad? Do they typically just give a small buff and call it a day, or do they over buff, or do they do a series of small buffs over time? When one of these bad champions gets a buff, and nothing changes, what is Riot's course of action then? If the champion's buff overblew them into must ban area, are they immediately nerfed back into the ground or just a lovetap? Item changes?

Consider the following:

Garen/Skarner

Cho

Ryze/Azir
"A man plays a game, goes 8-3 but loses, then blames his inting teammate and you think that of me? I am the one who ints!" - shokan_warrior

User Info: darkmoonbeam

darkmoonbeam
4 months ago#5
they do like to nerf everything else around them typically, or they used to focus on that. as things around bad champs got less op, then suddenly their lustre is a little more noticable patch by patch.

that said they have been buffing a lot more then they used to
13 years on, and yet still Zangoose cannot learn cut!
utterly ridiculous gamefreak! :3

User Info: HusbandoTiger

HusbandoTiger
4 months ago#6
Ignoring reworks, they make them temporarily OP by making some item (Feral Flare and Warwick instantly spring to mind) and then gut the item and possibly even nerf them a bit making them even worse.
Yes.

User Info: FishyGoodness12

FishyGoodness12
4 months ago#7
rip veigar
Official Cactuar of every Final Fantasy Board.
Disputing with Gamefaqs Mods is so useless, they might as well remove the dispute button.

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
4 months ago#8
They usually add something new.

Like urgot got mana return on his q if it killed a unit and mana scaling on his w.

Another good example would be elise after her gutting. Increasing the base stun of her e and changing how her spiderlings work.

Riot knows that when they have a horrid champ they dont just change numbers they have to add something new. Otherwise they would be broken.
Before you point out my grammer/spelling Let me point out all you're failures that led you to the point you felt the need to.

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
4 months ago#9
rework, worse than before by far EVERY F***ing rework > gradually buff for next few patches of a year and over buff in process > it becomes popular for a patch or two than nerfed to be worse than pre rework.
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
4 months ago#10
With the input of Silver support mains.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How does Riot buff bad champions, historically?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived