Let's look at Ornn's team item upgrades, their gold efficiency, + the end result

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Let's look at Ornn's team item upgrades, their gold efficiency, + the end result

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
2 months ago#1
The point of this is to figure out which types of champions can utilize his passive the best, keep in mind each teammate can only have one upgraded item in their inventory. Numbers taken from http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/current-pbe-balance-changes.html#ornn1

Infinity Edge -> Molten Edge
+30 AD
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1050g

Trinity Force -> Trinity Fusion
+100 HP = ~266g
+100 Mana = 140g
+10 AD = 350g
+10% Attack Speed = 250g
+3% Movement speed = 12g per point of move speed. Average base ms is 335. 3% is 10 ms = ~120 gold (value goes up with t1/2 boots, the explorer mastery, and ghostblade)
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1126g

Abyssal Mask -> Infernal Mask
+200 Health = 520g
+35 Magic Resist = 630
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1150

Rabadon's Deathcap -> Rabadon's Deathcrown
+55 AP
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1196.25g

The Black Cleaver -> The Obsidian Cleaver
+150 HP = 400g
+20 AD = 700g
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1100g

Sunfire Cape -> Forgefire Cape
+200 HP = 520g
+30 Armor = 600g
Cost = 1000g
Gold Value Added = 1120g

Redemption -> Salvation
+100 Health = 266g
+100% Base Health Regen = 300g
+50% Base Mana Regen = 250g
Cost = 500g
Gold Value Added = 816g

Locket -> Circlet of the Iron Solari
+15 Armor = 300g
+15 Magic Resist = 270g
Cost = 500g
Gold Value Added = 570g

Second post or maybe editing this one with the completed items and their efficiency before and after. Didn't feel like these numbers were wonky enough to justify posting the gold efficiencies in percentages, you should be able to tell which are higher just by looking at them. Felt like it'd just add clutter, tell me if i'm wrong though.
Tiltproof

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 months ago#2
The fact of the matter is that Ornn will make his team OP based off of numbers alone. Yes, he doesn't improve the passive on the items he can build....but the base stats being higher means that his team will always be at an advantage on a base level.

As such: I predict perma pick/ban in pro play until Rito realizes that they made a champion that actually breaks his entire team.

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
2 months ago#3
It's a good thing the two support items only cost 500g instead of a 1000; would have been stupid otherwise.
And lo, I discovered that the weaving of paper formed a matrix that resonated with magic. For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!!

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
2 months ago#4
Black Cleaver.

Riot nerfed it to begin with because it was too effective on every AD Bruiser and Assassin.

Abyssal Mask I can see being a good upgrade for any tanks that would grab the pure armor items like IBG/FH thanks to the additional health and with +35 MR it's the only MR item you'll need.

TF is probably not that great since very few champs who use it need extra mana.

User Info: 8420

2 months ago#5
Doesn't Orn's ability to upgrade items for his team simply make him win when it goes to 6 items? Something something slot efficiency
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

supercoolisaac
2 months ago#6
Efficiency, before and afters.

IE
Efficiency: 107.3% to 106.8%

Triforce
Efficiency = 97% to 100.3%

Abyssal Mask
Efficiency = 90% to 96%

Deathcap (236.25ap = 175 + 61.25 from passive.)
Efficiency = 92.7% to 107%

Cleaver
Efficiency = 100% to 102.5%

Sunfire
Efficiency = 80.4% to 88.5%

Redemption
Efficiency = 80.9% to 96.7%

Locket
Efficiency = 76.3% to 83%
Tiltproof

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
2 months ago#7
ADCs getting shafted once again :(

supercoolisaac
2 months ago#8
RJ1771 posted...
The fact of the matter is that Ornn will make his team OP based off of numbers alone. Yes, he doesn't improve the passive on the items he can build....but the base stats being higher means that his team will always be at an advantage on a base level.

I'm not sure you know how this whole thing works lol. These upgrades aren't free. At best he's granting his team an extra 50 to 200 gold worth of efficiency before 6 items at the expense of delaying their item builds.

8420 posted...
Doesn't Orn's ability to upgrade items for his team simply make him win when it goes to 6 items? Something something slot efficiency

Theoretically sure. In pro games? Usually. In your and my games? Yeah it's an advantage but people throw with enormous leads left and right. Having Ornn and you getting into a 50 minute game doesn't mean you auto win lol.
Tiltproof

User Info: Exterminateer

Exterminateer
2 months ago#9
I want to play him play with him and not against him.

Deathcrown looks like its awesome for viktor.
Poppy: Im dangerous near walls
Ornn: hold my mead

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
2 months ago#10
Zero room for outplay gg
Sigs are for nerds.
Hardstuck in challenger.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Let's look at Ornn's team item upgrades, their gold efficiency, + the end result

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived