Best way to stop from playing this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Best way to stop from playing this game?

User Info: Revives

Revives
1 month ago#21
School, girlfriend, other hobbies, ext.

User Info: HusbandoTiger

HusbandoTiger
1 month ago#22
Revives posted...
School, girlfriend, other hobbies, ext.

I work, I'm married, I got other hobbies.
Still League on Sunday mornings. Sometimes. If I get an itch.
Yeah, it actually does help to have other things to do actually.
Yes.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 month ago#23
Work keeps me busy, mostly. Dedicate an hour or two to playing other games in your back log if you really want to try getting through that. I've found that making an active effort to play a different game for two hours, even when I may want to play League, eventually creates a vested interest in playing that game. If 10-20 hours over two-three weeks doesn't make me want to play a game, I probably just don't like it very much.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: Chubbytired

Chubbytired
1 month ago#24
The best way to stop playing League of Legends is to stop playing League of Legends. This can also apply to literally everything.

Unless you have an addictive personality disorder as an excuse. Then continue with your hopeless, downward spiral of a lifestyle. Until you yet again pass out from sleep deprivation from grinding ranked for days. Just to wake up this time and realize all of your friends have moved on to other games, all your money has gone into League of Legends, and you lost your job for excessively calling out "sick" to play more League of Legends. So you play a norm to get your mind off things to have the sudden realization that you are 30, that none of this will ever amount to anything, and that you will never get this wasted time back. But you'll keep playing.
"Too late, chubby-nuts!" - RJ1771

User Info: Sacrothul

Sacrothul
1 month ago#25
You need to start managing your time (I don't do it either but I don't mind it, so..). Let's say play 1 game in League, close it, try something else. I forgot his name, but one entreprenur once did similar thing. He was a writer and he convinced his brain that every day in the same hour is "writing time". He practiced it for some time until he learned his routine and at the end of the day his book was finished. You can do something similar. It's just in your head.
My Dark Fantasy Browser-Based Game http://legendaryones.com/blog/ is Preparing for Crowdfunding!

User Info: shyahone

shyahone
4 weeks ago#26
go to addiction councling. this game is as good for you as dirty heroin

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
4 weeks ago#27
Chubbytired posted...
The best way to stop playing League of Legends is to stop playing League of Legends. This can also apply to literally everything.

Unless you have an addictive personality disorder as an excuse. Then continue with your hopeless, downward spiral of a lifestyle. Until you yet again pass out from sleep deprivation from grinding ranked for days. Just to wake up this time and realize all of your friends have moved on to other games, all your money has gone into League of Legends, and you lost your job for excessively calling out "sick" to play more League of Legends. So you play a norm to get your mind off things to have the sudden realization that you are 30, that none of this will ever amount to anything, and that you will never get this wasted time back. But you'll keep playing.

After reading your post, i feel really sad for those who played thousands of league games but arent good enough to make money out of it for living.

At least for real life sports, you are interacting with real life people directly and you are keeping fit.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#28
I'm just not going to play it for a while, work on my backlog. I'll definitely come back once SG Ahri comes though. I still love the game and find it incredibly fun.
Completely honest and unpopular opinion: I don't like the original Animal Crossing and absolutely despise EarthBound and its fanbase.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#29
It's hard to think about league if you have a staple in your genitals.

js
But it refused.

User Info: SirFeed

SirFeed
4 weeks ago#30
just find other commitments
i used to spend a large amount of time on league but now that I have to be full-time outside of my house for study I probably play league 5 times less than I used to and now only Arams.

Get a job, find some other passions and do them and should be easy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
Hardstuck diamond player. ID Oce: Noob (D2) NA: Sir Feed (D4)
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Best way to stop from playing this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived