english wasnt my first language

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. english wasnt my first language

User Info: DiamondAhri

DiamondAhri
2 months ago#1
how do i speak it better than most people on the english speaking server
http://lolidance.moe/

User Info: Not_Endgame

Not_Endgame
2 months ago#2
tc feed reprt
sb
Legitimately not Endgame
FC: 2680-9499-7448

User Info: AnubisGhost

AnubisGhost
2 months ago#3
Whats your first language?

What would you like to know? Abbreviations? (Mia, omw, cd)

Or how to say things?

User Info: shokan_warrior

shokan_warrior
2 months ago#4
English is not my first language and I never took an ESL class because I'm not a pleb
never don't give up

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
2 months ago#5
sb
User ID: 4002777

User Info: yokov

yokov
2 months ago#6
English isn't my first language too, but I speak English more than I speak my native language
FC: 2079-8739-5956
ACNL: (Mayor Yolanda of Yony)

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
2 months ago#7
it wasnt my first language either. but i quickly learned when coming to america (AKA freedomland) that if you dont learn the language here you will be seen as non intelligent. the sad part is the basic english in america eludes majority of the teens to adults who barely understand language as a whole but they will mentally persecute you for not learning english in a day
Before you point out my grammer/spelling Let me point out all you're failures that led you to the point you felt the need to.

User Info: Not_Endgame

Not_Endgame
2 months ago#8
Off topic, but I've been curious about this. I've heard that English is actually one of the harder languages to learn. Is that true for all the non-originally English speaking people in this thread? I grew up learning the language so obviously it wasn't that hard for me, but as opposed to learning another language, how difficult is English to learn?
Legitimately not Endgame
FC: 2680-9499-7448

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
2 months ago#9
Not_Endgame posted...
Off topic, but I've been curious about this. I've heard that English is actually one of the harder languages to learn. Is that true for all the non-originally English speaking people in this thread? I grew up learning the language so obviously it wasn't that hard for me, but as opposed to learning another language, how difficult is English to learn?

I don't know how difficult it is for a non-English speaker when compared to other languages, but English has a lot of stupid little details about grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc., with exceptions to those details, and exceptions to those exceptions. I am a native English speaker, but I'm under the impression it's not a simple language to learn (initially).

My assumptions come from within the system, though, and the sample-size of people I know who have learned English is, like, two at the most. I could very easily be wrong.
And lo, I discovered that the weaving of paper formed a matrix that resonated with magic. For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!!

User Info: ImTheKing

ImTheKing
2 months ago#10
Isn't mine either but it's more than good enough, heck, I don't even use it irl. I speak 5 languages however.
Ok.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. english wasnt my first language

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived