High diamond players, what is it that separates you from low diamond players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. High diamond players, what is it that separates you from low diamond players?

User Info: Un_Dieu

Un_Dieu
3 months ago#1
I'm really interested in the observations of the higher level players about the gameplay differences between low and high diamond.

and for the sake of this topic, I'm ignoring any advice from people below at least D2, although if you've been higher than this in the past feel free to post your thoughts.
#1 Aurelion Sol on Gamefaqs
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Le%20Seul%20Dieu

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
3 months ago#2
hi i got s***stomped by a master tier player once can i post :^)
"That's not a character, that's a set of bondage gear that can cast Ice 2."

User Info: iAku

iAku
3 months ago#3
My voice.
// We are all travelers on a road of infinite points // Also go hug yourself //
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FuEnHakBQ

User Info: HusbandoTiger

HusbandoTiger
3 months ago#4
My ability to fart real good.
Yes.

User Info: Sacrothul

Sacrothul
3 months ago#5
I think that the only thing that separates these two groups is timing of their actions. Most low level players go ham without proper positioning.
My Dark Fantasy Browser-Based Game www.LegendaryOnes.com/blog/ is Preparing for Crowdfunding!

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
3 months ago#6
Are we talking in general or for me specifically?
Tiltproof

Un_Dieu
3 months ago#7
Sacrothul posted...
I think that the only thing that separates these two groups is timing of their actions. Most low level players go ham without proper positioning.

?

Un_Dieu
3 months ago#8
supercoolisaac posted...
Are we talking in general or for me specifically?

in general

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
3 months ago#9
Un_Dieu posted...
in general

I mean the boring answer is they're just better at everything(on average).

A few that stand out to me are

Champion mastery
-Builds, summoners, power spikes(lvls and items), matchups, knowing cooldowns, etc.
-People know when they're stronger than their lane opponent and will punish you instantly if you overstep.
-Target prioritization in skirmishes/teamfights.

Map movements and using/creating pressure
-Pushing when you have lane advantage and disappearing to ward river/jg, threaten roams/invades, or steal camps.
-Roaming(mid roams top/bot, bot roams mid/top, top roams mid or tp's bot). When/where/how, who has what summoners up, etc.
-Knowing what to do after taking towers. Does bot rotate mid? If mid has easy waveclear maybe you go top? Is drag still up? Maybe stay bot/mid until drag is down. Is your mid laner a good split pusher like Leblanc, Yasuo, Ekko, Kassadin? He should usually swap bot after tower drops. Drag down and tower dropped, maybe bot should swap top against the no waveclear tank. Things like that.
-Late game stuff like lane assignments, knowing when you can sneak/rush drag/baron, trading objectives, pushing all lanes with baron buff, etc.

Tower dives(sort of branching off of above)
-If you play a weak early game champ or get chunked super hard and try to stick around you better believe you're getting dove. Regardless of when it is. 4 man dives bot, top/jg/mid diving top, mid/jg/support diving mid. It's going to happen, and if you dont respect it you're dead and lane is over.
-General diving things like trading aggro, tanking as many shots as you can before dropping, who initiates, comboing cc, etc.

Obviously there's a lot more but it's still early and i cant think of the rest rofl. Not everyone above that cutoff is perfect at all this stuff but generally the execution/knowledge will be there for a lot of players for most of it.
Tiltproof

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
3 months ago#10
Decision making
Sigs are for nerds.
Hardstuck in challenger.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. High diamond players, what is it that separates you from low diamond players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived