Random disconnect

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Random disconnect

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
4 months ago#1
Recently when I've been playing this game I get disconnected. It's only for about 10 seconds but it's EVERY SINGLE GAME. And usually right in lane phase when I'm about to kill people so I die instead. I'm not having lag spikes at all so before and after this happens I'm fine but it's once every single game. What do?
GT: WiestdaBeast

User Info: t41tGjr

t41tGjr
4 months ago#2
BurritoGod posted...
Recently when I've been playing this game I get disconnected. It's only for about 10 seconds but it's EVERY SINGLE GAME. And usually right in lane phase when I'm about to kill people so I die instead. I'm not having lag spikes at all so before and after this happens I'm fine but it's once every single game. What do?

Had this happening to me pretty constantly actually. Check to see if some random IP is clogging your connection on the League ports. It uses the ports somewhere between 5000 and 5500 from what I can tell. Happened to me, and I just blocked the IP. No lag after that, and only occasional hiccups because Comcast.
NNID: Mewtbeat
IGN: M3wtBeat/CorkiInThaHouse

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
4 months ago#3
Are you on an ethernet connection?

If not, fix that.
"That's not a character, that's a set of bondage gear that can cast Ice 2."

BurritoGod
4 months ago#4
Nightmare_Luna posted...

If not, fix that.

I would rather not sit downstairs next to my router and I'm not putting a cable through my floor.

BurritoGod
4 months ago#5
t41tGjr posted...
BurritoGod posted...

Had this happening to me pretty constantly actually. Check to see if some random IP is clogging your connection on the League ports. It uses the ports somewhere between 5000 and 5500 from what I can tell. Happened to me, and I just blocked the IP. No lag after that, and only occasional hiccups because Comcast.

Thanks I'll check it out.

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
4 months ago#6
BurritoGod posted...
Nightmare_Luna posted...

If not, fix that.

I would rather not sit downstairs next to my router and I'm not putting a cable through my floor.

There are adapters you can use. I got one for about 80 bucks and it turned my garbage 200+ ping with constant disconnects to a smooth 40 ping because of it.
"That's not a character, that's a set of bondage gear that can cast Ice 2."

BurritoGod
4 months ago#7
Nightmare_Luna posted...
BurritoGod posted...
Nightmare_Luna posted...

If not, fix that.

There are adapters you can use. I got one for about 80 bucks and it turned my garbage 200+ ping with constant disconnects to a smooth 40 ping because of it.

I don't understand. How would an adapter turn my internet connection into an Ethernet connection?

User Info: LikesToCry

LikesToCry
4 months ago#8
BurritoGod posted...
Nightmare_Luna posted...
BurritoGod posted...
Nightmare_Luna posted...

If not, fix that.

I don't understand. How would an adapter turn my internet connection into an Ethernet connection?

Through the wall outlets you can connect it to the router
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Random disconnect

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived