"Play safe, farm under tower" then what?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. "Play safe, farm under tower" then what?

User Info: ValedictorianXD

ValedictorianXD
1 month ago#21
I remember years ago playing a game where a Singed bodied the Irelia on our team. I told this Irelia something really simple at the beginning of the game: Don't chase singed. 8 deaths later, this guy was still doing the same thing. We did end up winning because I trolled on the enemy Lee Sin jg and was particularly bm in chat so he afk'd. Still, winning a 5v4 because I forced an afk did not feel good and would have been easily avoided if top actually listened to decent advice.

Also, I usually focus the lane that is closest to getting tower first blood and I'll outright ignore lanes that die before I finish my 3rd camp.
Death Threats Received this year: 145; 732 lifetime.
Users Ignoring Me: 492 (approximately)

User Info: Kelly14

Kelly14
1 month ago#22
twfanatic posted...
why are you losing lane consistently? what champs do you play? if you play a tank you dont care since you'll be more useful later anyways as long as you don't fall ridiculously behind or enemy top laner isn't a beast and your carries garbage at positioning, and you'll never be useless. besides it barely matters what you do, if your bot lane wins they'll carry you, if your bot lane loses you can't carry them.

I'm not constantly losing lane, just struggle with certain matchups and can lose lane due to aggression. Of course I do lose lane at times, but he's the thing when I play top I actually want to kill and fight the opposing top laner as opposed to just farming or needing ganks. I can generally get CS leads and kill pressure or outright kills on them but of course their jungler shows up (top is not a solo lane like advertised) to bail them out and I can't have enough wards. bring back purchasable stealth wards pls :(

I try to follow the warding guide but there's no way to get enough vision top side without help from your team (junglers rarely build the green smite and I hardly see my support roam top). My only option is to play safe and farm till I see the enemy jungler elsewhere. That's just really boring imo even though I know its the right choice!.

I play champs I find fun whether or not they're good, and I guess I can't complain about matchups when its not like I try to counterpick. Yorick, Illaoi, Shyvana, Mundo, Shen, Morde, to name a few. I really struggle against Gnar, Jayce is annoying, tanks that become unkillable (by me anyway) late game. I don't want to play tanks, though Shen is one I like splitpushing with him so its not full tank. Mundo I go more offensive as opposed to being a meatshield. I don't want to rely on my botlane.

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#23
Junglers don't like ganking losing lanes

"you're too far behind. Can't do anything"

>proceeds to let the lane snowball out of control so the game is instantly over. Gets butthurt when the lane is worthless later

"lol you're way ahead you don't need my help"
>proceeds to not gank the 1 lane that would guarantee a free win. Gets butthurt when enemy jungler afk camps the winning lane till the lead disappears

Tldr junglers are morons
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: iAku

iAku
1 month ago#24
Adjust your playstyle depending on the info on their jungler that you have.
1. Are they topside? (info from junglestart, wards in the jungle, he showed mid and wend topside, etc.)
2. He isn't cause he showed elsewhere.
3. lunno

If it's 3 you might wanna just Play like its 1.

Since you like aggressive champs with killpressure you can try and ask yourself the question: Could I fight though a gank?
Am I strong enuff for that?
Do I have a big minion wave? (if you slowpushed a wave that crahses into turret as a big one that wave will be giving you a decent damage if they come)
How well can the enemy top follow up, could I chunk him enuff so he cant?
Is my jungler on topside and if how likely can he follow up (how is his hp, mana, what camps will he clear next... )?

I would rly suggest you looking up wave Management since that will allow you to be in better positions to fight, get ressourves and Play around their jgler.

It's easier to be aggressive if the minions are closer to your Tower or if you freezd to force the enemy top to Play far forward.
Reading the wave allows you to see in advanace how they will push as well.
Wave mangement helps you. And the Basics behind it arent difficult either.
// We are all travelers on a road of infinite points // Also go hug yourself //
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FuEnHakBQ

User Info: ImTheKing

ImTheKing
1 month ago#25
Even if you lose lane, you can stop the split by building tankier with a Warmogs.
Ok.

User Info: ValedictorianXD

ValedictorianXD
1 month ago#26
CrowsB4Hoes posted...

"you're too far behind. Can't do anything"

>proceeds to let the lane snowball out of control so the game is instantly over. Gets butthurt when the lane is worthless later

>proceeds to not gank the 1 lane that would guarantee a free win. Gets butthurt when enemy jungler afk camps the winning lane till the lead disappears

Tldr junglers are morons

I think there's a very real difference between not ganking a losing lane and not ganking a lane that was lost from champ select. There are just some games where you are going to get stuck with somebody that can't help but feed excessively because they are completely out of their league. While I do agree that stopping the 3/0 Riven (at 5 minutes) from snowballing is an amazing idea, sometimes it's just not feasible and you easily risk feeding the Riven faster because your top laner literally has s*** for brains. It's very easy to point the finger at jungler for losing your lane. As a jungle main, it is likewise very easy for me to see when somebody clearly had their account eloboosted.
Death Threats Received this year: 145; 732 lifetime.
Users Ignoring Me: 492 (approximately)

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
1 month ago#27
CrowsB4Hoes posted...

While this is true...it also really sucks to get to a lane just as the laner is finishing off their lane opponent, so you had that travel time all for not even an assist.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
1 month ago#28
GranzonEx posted...
your jungler will gank for you as long as you're not an idiot and always at 25% health while the enemy is full health and you jungler is 3 lvls behind your laner because you fed him 4 kills
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

User Info: Kelly14

Kelly14
4 weeks ago#29
kkeevv posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...

While this is true...it also really sucks to get to a lane just as the laner is finishing off their lane opponent, so you had that travel time all for not even an assist.

Can always help me push out the wave to deny cs, or even take the tower depending. If none of those we can take rift together, invade enemy jungle, etc.

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
4 weeks ago#30
shokan_warrior posted...
Junglers are not human
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. "Play safe, farm under tower" then what?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived