List off all the metas you know and what they negate the impact of

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. List off all the metas you know and what they negate the impact of

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
2 months ago#1
everyone is a tank meta: negates assassins who can't build tank
adc meta: not to be confused with the current shield meta, this one is where adc put out too much damage. negates everything else and hopefully never happens again.
shield meta: produces unkillable adc, negates anything that's not massive overkill on the burst damage scale.
Mage meta: Comes in two varieties (longer games and higher impact). Longer games is exactly what it sounds like, and only negated the impact of early game champs like pantheon. Higher impact didn't necessarily negate any type of champion, but instead made every game be decided by how good the mid player was
Various OP items meta: This one's pretty obvious, and depends on the item. tbh I don't remember like any of these, but I know there's been at least 7 now.

I'm sure I've missed a lot, so feel free to just list off what's been broken over the years and how it stopped certain champs from being able to play the game.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: YorickvsRiven

YorickvsRiven
2 months ago#2
kkeevv posted...

adc meta: not to be confused with the current shield meta, this one is where adc put out too much damage. negates everything else and hopefully never happens again.

? You just described the meta

User Info: -Beyonce

-Beyonce
2 months ago#3
assassin meta
yes i main soraka

User Info: SonicJetWave

SonicJetWave
2 months ago#4
YorickvsRiven posted...
kkeevv posted...

kkeevv
2 months ago#5
YorickvsRiven posted...
kkeevv posted...

There was a short while where they could do it without help. your support could be an actual potato and you could still 1v9.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#6
Assassin meta - the good one.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
2 months ago#7
lee sin/graves/rengar/khazix meta
better jg wins 100% of the games, if any laner dares to play agressive they get 1 shot by balanced jungler and thus cant even attempt to try and carry

bruiser meta: better top wins. did not exist since mid s5 when fiora, riven, darius, gp and maybe garen were op, with some others like irelia, ekko, gnar, renekton in story too. since then only few individual champs in top are sometimes broken enough to have a chance to carry games regularly.

assassin meta: mid/jg roll over everyone

User Info: LeDieu

LeDieu
2 months ago#8
twfanatic posted...
lee sin/graves/rengar/khazix meta
better jg wins 100% of the games, if any laner dares to play agressive they get 1 shot by balanced jungler and thus cant even attempt to try and carry

bruiser meta: better top wins. did not exist since mid s5 when fiora, riven, darius, gp and maybe garen were op, with some others like irelia, ekko, gnar, renekton in story too. since then only few individual champs in top are sometimes broken enough to have a chance to carry games regularly.

assassin meta: mid/jg roll over everyone

i would 100% rather deal with cancer junglers oneshotting you at level 3 than adcs that oneshot you while being unkillable. at least lee elise and kha become "useless"(they don't oneshot you anymore past 30 without dying themselves). meanwhile adcs buy 2 crit items and don't need anything else in order to become tanky dps assassins because lolardent lolwindspeakers lolshields.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 months ago#9
kkeevv posted...

shield meta: produces unkillable adc, negates anything that's not massive overkill on the burst damage scale.

Various OP items meta: This one's pretty obvious, and depends on the item. tbh I don't remember like any of these, but I know there's been at least 7 now.
Here's the thing: these are all three the same meta.

ADC's are hilariously strong right now. Why? Because they never die thanks to shields. What makes the shields so strong? An OP item called Ardent Censer, which provides strong buffs to the ADC making them hilariously strong.

kkeevv
2 months ago#10
RJ1771 posted...
kkeevv posted...

Here's the thing: these are all three the same meta.

ADC's are hilariously strong right now. Why? Because they never die thanks to shields. What makes the shields so strong? An OP item called Ardent Censer, which provides strong buffs to the ADC making them hilariously strong.

I already explained that ADC meta was a short period of time where ADC could 1v9.

Various OP items does cover censer, but it also covers Devourer, original Sunfire cape...stuff like that.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. List off all the metas you know and what they negate the impact of

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived