World's 2017 Top 20 Best Players (According to Riot)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. World's 2017 Top 20 Best Players (According to Riot)

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#21
Skystrike70 posted...
faker <<<< bjerg

They did mention bjerg has the highest cs at 10 of everyone in worlds this year (93) but his opponents average cs would have been the 4th highest at worlds. Basically he is just farming out mid and waiting for teamfights to perform but not really putting any games on his back like he used to back in his solo kill nearly every game split.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: SonicJetWave

SonicJetWave
4 weeks ago#22
Zven being on this list is the real travesty here now that I'm looking at it

He was awful at worlds last year, got humiliated by Doublelift at RRs and wasn't even better than Rekkles in FreeU this split but he's ranked above actual talent like Uzi and even Ruler lmao

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
4 weeks ago#23
SonicJetWave posted...

He was awful at worlds last year, got humiliated by Doublelift at RRs and wasn't even better than Rekkles in FreeU this split but he's ranked above actual talent like Uzi and even Ruler lmao

I don't know why, but Western analysts keep saying he's a top tier ADC in the world and "without a doubt" the best ADC of the West.

He's one of the better ADCs in the West for sure, but the only team he was on that ever accomplished anything was the 2015 Origen. That team was pretty good in EU but he was HEAVILY helped by Soaz/Peke who both played well above their EU level while at worlds. After that, most of G2's international events have been him getting a small lead in lane or picking up a straggler here and there in team fights so that his KDA looks good, but he never gets much done with it.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: orcus_snake

orcus_snake
4 weeks ago#24
I can understand CLG getting rid of DL even tho I really liek DL, but what buffled me was them trading my boy Xmithie for f***ing Dardoch of all f***bois, are you f***ing kidding me, Dardoch into THE teamplay team?
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#25
To be fair xmithie had been really looking like the weak link for almost a whole year on clg. It wasn't until switching teams that he all of a sudden became really good. Something we have seen a few times. Perhaps CLGs playstyle just really didn't fit well with xmithie.

Jungle especially seems to be really heavily influenced by the team you are on so I feel like it's a role where people all of sudden look amazing after looking like s*** for a while just because of strategy changes. Even looking at svenskeren who certainly isn't amazing, in some metas he actually has been dominant in NA and looked like the best jungler but then a few months and meta shift later and he looks like he is inting.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: SonicJetWave

SonicJetWave
4 weeks ago#26
dkgerbil2 posted...
SonicJetWave posted...

I don't know why, but Western analysts keep saying he's a top tier ADC in the world and "without a doubt" the best ADC of the West.

He's one of the better ADCs in the West for sure, but the only team he was on that ever accomplished anything was the 2015 Origen. That team was pretty good in EU but he was HEAVILY helped by Soaz/Peke who both played well above their EU level while at worlds. After that, most of G2's international events have been him getting a small lead in lane or picking up a straggler here and there in team fights so that his KDA looks good, but he never gets much done with it.

Exactly

Even in playoffs at MSI the reason G2 did so well was all on Trick and Perkz, he was playing off them most games. And if you're including 2015 worlds to hype him up then you still have to put Uzi higher when he was top 3 or 4 adcs in the world at the time

Zven is good but he's definitely the most overrated adc in the west. He's playing against both Ruler and Uzi in their group so let's see how it goes
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. World's 2017 Top 20 Best Players (According to Riot)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived