How do you stop Talon from roaming all over the map picking up kills?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do you stop Talon from roaming all over the map picking up kills?

User Info: supervegito24

supervegito24
4 weeks ago#1
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2602863804/35928011?tab=overview

This was a fun game. It actually started in champ select. Draven comes in saying he's lost 5 games straight and it's been 5 straight top laners who sucked. He then spends the entire time complaining about our team's picks. I want to dodge but im 1-1 in my series to Gold 1 and I don't want to lose. Then in game, I mute him along with everyone else in the game, because this seems like one of those games.

In game, our eve dies level 2 to jg and Talon. It was unlucky that yi was waiting in the bush for her to show up and he and talon jumped her and killed her in seconds. Being a level 3 gp with one barrel up, I couldn't do anything except q them. It's ok, that's fine. Just one death.

Then next time talon comes to lane he has mobis and serrated dirk. He roams top and solo kills Cho, somehow. Then a minute later he roams again, this time above baron, which is warded. I spam ping danger to our chogath, who is around midway through top lane. He doesn't back off, neither does the evelynn who is coming to gank for him. Yi collapses top with Talon, boom they're dead.

The same thing or similar happens till we are hopelessly behind. I roam top and die for a kill. Then I get dived by a fed yi and talon mid and I think I picked up a kill on one of them, or rakan got it right after i died can't remember.

How in the hell am I supposed to deal with crap like this?????
LoL: AxnJaxnWaxnFlaxn
Thus he came alone to Angband's gates... and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
4 weeks ago#2
You don't play trash like Gangplank who offers nothing to your team for 80% of the game.

User Info: Chubbytired

Chubbytired
4 weeks ago#3
supervegito24 posted...
This was a fun game.

You sure
"Too late, chubby-nuts!" - RJ1771

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
4 weeks ago#4
Don't play f***ing Gangplank mid for starters. Such a trash pick.

User Info: Badmood136

Badmood136
4 weeks ago#5
Playing midplank, especially into someone with such a powerful early game, was definitely your first mistake.

As far as dealing with roamers, you have to be doing -something- when they roam. If they roam and all they trade for it is minions, that's a huge plus in their favor. Counter-roam (either follow them or gank the opposite lane, depending), take an objective (drag, herald, s*** even just an enemy buff if that's all you can possibly muster), destroy a tower (if you're one off those tower busters like ziggs). Leagues is a game about being proactive; standing around passively while the enemy roams and gets fed is exactly how not to carry.

Second, proper warding and dewarding is key to enabling the above. You should always see him leave lane, and he should have no idea if stepping into that bush above baron is going to get him 2v1d. I imagine you guys had terrible warding and map knowledge if he and yi were able to slip into a spot where they could 2v1 eve early on.

User Info: TwoStrikes94

TwoStrikes94
4 weeks ago#6
just remember that melee carries are absolute garbage and play on despite him being 15-0
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg

User Info: Motarcanus

Motarcanus
4 weeks ago#7
supervegito24 posted...

In game, our eve dies level 2 to jg and Talon. It was unlucky that yi was waiting in the bush for her to show up and he and talon jumped her and killed her in seconds. Being a level 3 gp with one barrel up, I couldn't do anything except q them. It's ok, that's fine. Just one death.

This likely contributed a lot to the game loss.

It's not 'unlucky' that the yi was waiting for her to show up in a brush - it was skill. The only way to surprise the invisible Eve is to sit in an unwarded brush and she comes near -> you will detect her, and she will NOT detect you. Eve also is extremely weak early, and will certainly lose 1v1 vs a Yi, especially if there is a Talon near by.

Once Eve gets behind, it's over. She needs to stay at least same level as the enemy ADC; if she dies before her first successful gank or two, she's just a roaming ward.

After that, I'm guessing she farmed jungle, which means no lane pressure (especially after Yi hits 6 and starts applying his pressure), which allows a Talon to roam.

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
4 weeks ago#8
beat the living s*** out of him shove the lane
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: Veggeta X

Veggeta X
4 weeks ago#9
I love is when Talon roams TBH because free lane push.

When Talon roams I just tell team mates Talon is roaming and to back the f*** up and ward. If I'm a champ that can chase and help other lanes then I will come but if I can't then I just push the f***ing lane like a f***ing mad man for towers.
Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's that simple
FFBE ID: 196 912 851 1000+ MAG Fryevia

User Info: supervegito24

supervegito24
4 weeks ago#10
I say it was unlucky for eve because it was mid's topside brush. Yi was there about to gank me. I thought I mentioned that but I guess I forgot.

All I play is GP. Usually I play him mid because I don't like getting dived 10x a game top. I'd rather get poked down by some mage than get dived by top and jungle at 4 minutes.

Of course I outfarmed him. I think I was up 30cs by the time I lost tower to a yi/talon dive mid. I also roamed when he roamed some too, but wtf am I gonna do to a maokai that's crushing our Chogath, and I'm sure as hell not going bot after a fed Talon when a fed yi and a fed Lucian are somewhere down there.
LoL: AxnJaxnWaxnFlaxn
Thus he came alone to Angband's gates... and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do you stop Talon from roaming all over the map picking up kills?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived