Someone should create a study guide and exam for items and their effects/synergy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Someone should create a study guide and exam for items and their effects/synergy

User Info: Emerald_Flash

Emerald_Flash
2 months ago#1
I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that wish to improve their itemization.

The course would include things like which items are more effective in certain scenarios, how certain items are different from other similar items, which items synergize well with your own items or items of those on your team, which champs benefit the most from certain items, etc.

It would likely have to be a group thing, but I wouldn't underestimate League's player base so much as to say a single person couldn't do it.

Forgive me if something like this already exists.
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
Jacob, FC: 4270 - 4787 - 8159

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
2 months ago#2
Emerald_Flash posted...
Plus it sounds i;ke really obvious STICKY material.

Unfortunately, Sticky-material generally means that the advice inside can withstand the test of time and change. This is a perpetually-updated multiplayer game, so items are continuously in flux, from what they do to who uses them and when. Not to mention what they specifically provide, as nerfs/buffs/overhauls can change that.

This would all be fine if GFAQs allowed us to Edit the initial post to keep it up to date, but after an hour it becomes locked.

And before someone points to Crows' ward-thread and replies with "the jungle/warding can change!"...this happens way less often than items and itemization.
Apparently Planet-X is going to collide with the Earth today and kill us all. Just FYI.

User Info: Emerald_Flash

Emerald_Flash
2 months ago#3
linkblade91 posted...
Emerald_Flash posted...

Unfortunately, Sticky-material generally means that the advice inside can withstand the test of time and change. This is a perpetually-updated multiplayer game, so items are continuously in flux, from what they do to who uses them and when. Not to mention what they specifically provide, as nerfs/buffs/overhauls can change that.

This would all be fine if GFAQs allowed us to Edit the initial post to keep it up to date, but after an hour it becomes locked.

I had just thought about this and was coming back to make that change lmao. So it would have to be a thing that constantly changes with the game (and wouldn't be a sticky). Do you think that would be too difficult to manage?
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
Jacob, FC: 4270 - 4787 - 8159

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
2 months ago#4
It's just based on knowledge and experience as well as logic and what champion the items would benefit them the most, more advanced than that would be adaptability because some items can vary depending on the situation.

For example: BF sword is a standard first item buy for ADCs then zeal into a completed zeal item or Liandries and Rylai's because their passives interact synergize together.

Then you get to situations about whether Adaptive Helm is a good idea or whether Randuins over Thornmail might be a better choice.

But as said before the game is ever changing so nothing is set in stone.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/91NC0Cb.gifv

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
2 months ago#5
Emerald_Flash posted...
linkblade91 posted...
Emerald_Flash posted...

I had just thought about this and was coming back to make that change lmao. So it would have to be a thing that constantly changes with the game (and wouldn't be a sticky). Do you think that would be too difficult to manage?

Difficult? Not necessarily: once the initial work is done, people would just need to come in and update it with a "Changelist", followed by an assessment of what the changes have resulted in. However, strategies come and go - occasionally in record time - and this theoretical thread would have to be monitored continuously.

Plus, you'd have to take into account the non-informational, subjective posts; people coming in to toot the "I don't agree with (X)!" horn and whatnot. Following that, GFAQs only allows threads to hit 500 before locking: this sticky thread would have a time-limit to it, which is not good for an informational thread that expects to be constantly updated and refined.

While it wouldn't be too difficult, it would be insanely tedious and generally impractical.
Apparently Planet-X is going to collide with the Earth today and kill us all. Just FYI.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#6
I honestly need to make one just for champion abilities for my friends that continually surprise me with how little they know about the champs they play. I could probably personally really use an ult cd at all ranks flashcards or something. Earlier today died to malz ult late ish game. Respawned. Jumped on him like 15 seconds after respawning, ulted again. After game I was very startled to learn that malz ult ends up with an 80 second cd at max rank and of course he will often times have 20+% cdr so it's basically a 1 minute cd late game. I've had similar issues with kayle ult coming up way faster than I thought it would and repeat dying to it. On an unrelated note why the f*** do such massively impactful ults end up with ridiculously low cds?
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: typhone004

typhone004
2 months ago#7
linkblade91 posted...
Unfortunately, Sticky-material generally means that the advice inside can withstand the test of time and change. When it comes to items, they are continuously in flux, from what they do to who uses them and when. Not to mention what they specifically provide, as nerfs/buffs/overhauls can change that.

This is important. The best way to keep the sticky up to date is to unsticky and remake the topic completely once information goes out of date. That's A LOT of work to keep remaking a huge topic every time riot changes their game.

You can make it easier by excluding things like specific stats and champions that use the item because those things always change. For example, I can tell you that void staff is a good item when damage output is your main concern (like long range mages who shouldn't be close enough to the fight to get hit) and your opponents are building some mr, whereas liandry's will be better if you want damage but bonus health is nice (better on lower range mages that are closer to the fight and more likely to be hit), your opponents aren't building much mr at all, or you synergize really well with the spell burn. I am pretty confident that this statement will be true for the rest of the season, so there would be no need to make changes before that happens.
"1/128 item on a first try. What are the odds?"
I flushed my fish down the toilet so he could die as he lived. With me treating him like s***.

User Info: awesomenessss

awesomenessss
2 months ago#8
Emerald_Flash posted...
I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that wish to improve their itemization.

If only you focused this much on improving your life skills :D

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
2 months ago#9
Itemization knowledge should emerge automatically from playing the game.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
2 months ago#10
YoukaiSlayer posted...
I honestly need to make one just for champion abilities for my friends that continually surprise me with how little they know about the champs they play. I could probably personally really use an ult cd at all ranks flashcards or something. Earlier today died to malz ult late ish game. Respawned. Jumped on him like 15 seconds after respawning, ulted again. After game I was very startled to learn that malz ult ends up with an 80 second cd at max rank and of course he will often times have 20+% cdr so it's basically a 1 minute cd late game. I've had similar issues with kayle ult coming up way faster than I thought it would and repeat dying to it. On an unrelated note why the f*** do such massively impactful ults end up with ridiculously low cds?

Because they're not AoE. Single target ults have a much lower cooldown.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Someone should create a study guide and exam for items and their effects/synergy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived