How to I beat Top lane Cheesers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How to I beat Top lane Cheesers?

User Info: sahilmohammad

sahilmohammad
2 months ago#1
As you most know top lane is a cancer lane after bot lane. My luck is not too good, and 80% of the time I am first pick. I face nothing but cheese. Singed, Nasus (AP), Tahm Kench, ap Malphite, Teemo, Pantheon, etc, etc. If I try to go agroo their jungle camps me while my jungler will gank once in a blue moon if they are not afk farming somewhere. My champ pool is , Fiora, Trynda, Garen, Yasuo, and Swain. Who can I add to my lineup that will be a good first pick and how do I go about facing cheesers.
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police."-SomeLikeItHoth

User Info: bossvinny

bossvinny
2 months ago#2
fiora craps on singed, teemo is easy if you predict the blind, pro tip if your first pick ban pantheon, if you cant deal with malphite then wha? if he goes ap get a hexdrinker he cant oneshot u after, i cant help with nasus as i have trouble with him also.

tryndamere doesn't care if he feed as long as he gets his farm and split push to victory.

garen is a cheese pick if you go ad stormraider that is

top lane is snowbally dont be aggro without seeing the enemy jg. jg loves to camp top, after bot
Fc 117780215154 eevee
IGN: Bossvinny

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#3
Of those fiora is a pretty safe first pick. For early game cheese, don't die. Pretty simple. You can give up cs if you need to. Even ending up 20-30 cs under pantheon is fine as long as he doesn't kill you. Obviously the more you can get, the better, but that denial of cs is just the advantage his pick affords him if he plays it correctly. You will outscale these champs if you stop them from snowballing and keep even in levels.

For AP cheese, hexdrinker. Really thats probably all you need. Hexdrinker is OP as f***. You could also get mercs if they would be a good buy overall. If AP malph can't actually burst you, then hes pretty f***ed cause he has no sustain and you will eventually pop him in like 3 hits.

For ranged cheese its a lot harder. IMO nothing in this game tests your match up knowledge more than laning a melee top laner into a ranged one. Do not be afraid to give up cs. Usually, if you can get onto a ranged top laner you will win the trade. The key is then disengaging without being harassed down. Hopping into a bush can work fantastically or just outright killing them but when those aren't options you just need to know if you will win the trade or not. These are all match up specific depending on the champ. Often times buying tabis is great here because you have the movespeed to disengage and the armor to take less harass at an early time into the match. Bramble vest can also help a lot if you can fit it into your itemization. Melee carries outscale ranged carries in the 1v1 almost entirely so just don't let them snowball.

When dealing with ignite cheese, try to trade heavily but never allow an all in. When you are both forced back you can tp back and set up lane control while they have to walk back. You will likely be down in cs before the first back but the freeze you can set up is a good opportunity to get an xp lead and catch up in farm.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
2 months ago#4
Lengthy section for fiora:

Fiora: only pantheon is really unlaneable against and makes you rue your life. If you're vs one there's really next to nothing you can do unless he's completely awful and you are good enough to take advatange of it, which pardon me given your elo you likely aren't. He outlanes you and is next to impossible to all in even if you're a kill ahead, his midgame is just as murderous and he can easily roam on your team and pick up kills. Ban him if you're first pick, there's not so much point in banning trist if twitch makes it through, or janna if soraka makes it through, or sejuani if rammus makes it through. Etc. You get what i mean. I'm plat and gold pantheon invalidates me simply beacuse of his pick. f*** that.
Ap nasus, get some mr and sustain, he does nothing while being literally worse late than pantheon. You don't need hexdrinker unless you feed or fall far behind.
Teemo, if he's ap, survive early, get hexdrinker and tiamat or phage and you can all in him and dumpster. Parry his blind by any means possible, if its a long range blindshot it's easy to do so. Melee range you gotta guess it correctly. If he's on hit you'll still outscale eventually, and he's garbage for anything except splitpushing. Build tabi and hexdrinker vs ad teemo unless enemy team is filled to brim with ap and cc.

Kench, idk what you're struggling with. Just don't get poked down and eaten, you outduel him and outharrass him. You have good chances of parrying his "gulp" since low elo tahms are predictable.
Ap malphite is garbage. Same as nasus except he's easy to kill too. Respect his damage and ult. As above poster said hexdrinker is op in lane and gives you huge advantage in any all in vs ap matchups.

Singed again idk what's the deal. Just farm and outscale him easily if you can't kill him. His fling is fairly predictable and thus parryable.

Trynd is bit harder, but even pretty much all of his cancer matchups are survivable if you're good enough. Watch and learn from boxerpete.

Garen sucks as first pick even in low elo. If you do it focus on roaming, your base damage is high and enemy is dumb enough to let you run up to them and kill them.

Yasuo, don't play him till you're a better player outside of normals honestly. Can't give much on him other than that.

Swain is easiest first pick of them. Honestly you have to be very bad to not stomp low elo with him as he offers unique advantage of people not really being used to playing vs him while having kit well suited for low elo. He doesn't lose lane to almost anyone, get better at him simple as that.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
2 months ago#5
Pick Ornn he does well against top lane cheese.
Other than that I tend to play nothing but Gnar top so almost no one can f*** me (except for Riven one tricks cuz I always miss time their flash)
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: Towa4life

Towa4life
2 months ago#6
1.Pick swain'
2.Rush lyandris
3.Profit

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
2 months ago#7
There really is no counter to Swain toplane. How to not get cheesed? Don't fall for the cheese. Farm and outscale.
GT: WiestdaBeast

twfanatic
2 months ago#8
BurritoGod posted...
There really is no counter to Swain toplane. How to not get cheesed? Don't fall for the cheese. Farm and outscale.

mentioning a top laner and "outscale" in same sentence triggers me unless it's a god tier late game like fiora's

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
2 months ago#9
twfanatic posted...
BurritoGod posted...

mentioning a top laner and "outscale" in same sentence triggers me unless it's a god tier late game like fiora's

Well yeah I understand that bot lane will kill you no matter but if it's an issue of being cheesed by an early game laner who falls off or other "not that useful outside of lane unless fed" champions then you have a much better chance of making an impact on your team by just scaling. It doesn't always work of course but I found you win the majority of games by just making your opponent less useful than you.
GT: WiestdaBeast

twfanatic
2 months ago#10
BurritoGod posted...
twfanatic posted...
BurritoGod posted...

Well yeah I understand that bot lane will kill you no matter but if it's an issue of being cheesed by an early game laner who falls off or other "not that useful outside of lane unless fed" champions then you have a much better chance of making an impact on your team by just scaling. It doesn't always work of course but I found you win the majority of games by just making your opponent less useful than you.

Oh well that, sure. Sorry i was being snarky. Also in this meta making enemy top laner less useful than you often means as much as denying some camps to a tank jungler at least in higher elo, if your top laner is someone who won't be very useful in teamfights later on (and most top laners of that kind are borderline incapable of creating their own leads on their own). But i know it still works quite fine below.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How to I beat Top lane Cheesers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived