Is the ranked system good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is the ranked system good?

User Info: GooberSD

GooberSD
2 months ago#11
My biggest gripe is how if I lose a game my useless score doesn't influence how much LP is lost. If I got an S+, but my team threw the game, I don't think I should lose the same amount of LP that I would for getting a C. But whatever.

The same could be said for winning matches. If I went 0/10 and placed 0 wards, and had a score of like D or whatever is the lowest, I don't think you should gain as much LP as a teammate that scored an A or S.

I'm not very passionate about the idea, but there have been plenty of times where this would have been nice.

User Info: Stealth502

Stealth502
2 months ago#12
GooberSD posted...
My biggest gripe is how if I lose a game my useless score doesn't influence how much LP is lost. If I got an S+, but my team threw the game, I don't think I should lose the same amount of LP that I would for getting a C. But whatever.

The same could be said for winning matches. If I went 0/10 and placed 0 wards, and had a score of like D or whatever is the lowest, I don't think you should gain as much LP as a teammate that scored an A or S.

I'm not very passionate about the idea, but there have been plenty of times where this would have been nice.

The problem is that any system will be abused to the furthest extent possible. Changes like the ones your suggesting will come with their own problems.

For example, if someone felt losing the game was inevitable, they might be inclined to sit in base and buy a sightstone, without ever leaving their base and spamming wards. You'd have 100 wards placed, but no deaths and therefore losing less LP than your team mates.

Or perhaps just afk farming the jungle/lanes while ignoring teamfights when you feel like losing the game is inevitable. You'd have wards, gold, and CS, but again no deaths to offset your loss of LP.

While I would wholeheartedly agree that it would be nice to get advanced/demoted based solely on YOUR performance. At the end of the day, league is a team game. And there is no real system that can cater to the individual in a team game that cannot also be abused.
Fear the silence

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
2 months ago#13
No, and it has nothing to do with the number of games, just the quality.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
2 months ago#14
It is. Having a ton of accounts and every single on of them landing on the same spot fast has convinced me people saying they can't climb because they're unlucky are delusional.

User Info: GrandDart

GrandDart
2 months ago#15
Regardless of the amount of games, the ranked system in League sucks and it have two major flaws.

1) Overcomplicated for no reason at all: 24LP per win and 16LP per lose (or 23-17 or whatever), and that's it... why is MMR a thing?.

2) Way too much promos: Why the promos between tiers are so unnecessary frustrating and, most importantly, why the f*** are promos between division a thing?, if it were for me I would stomp promos altogether but ok, if you want to keep them, be it best 2 out of 3 when you're about to jump a tier and advance a division once you reach 100LP.
Play under your own rules. Success will eventually come.

Gainazzo
2 months ago#16
GrandDart posted...
Regardless of the amount of games, the ranked system in League sucks and it have two major flaws.

1) Overcomplicated for no reason at all: 24LP per win and 16LP per lose (or 23-17 or whatever), and that's it... why is MMR a thing?.

2) Way too much promos: Why the promos between tiers are so unnecessary frustrating and, most importantly, why the f*** are promos between division a thing?, if it were for me I would stomp promos altogether but ok, if you want to keep them, be it best 2 out of 3 when you're about to jump a tier and advance a division once you reach 100LP.

MMR/elo was the original system. They slapped on the league system on top of that with the excuse of people being toxic because of it iirc.

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
2 months ago#17
Gainazzo posted...
GrandDart posted...

MMR/elo was the original system. They slapped on the league system on top of that with the excuse of people being toxic because of it iirc.

the pick order was by MMR, so...
"A man plays a game, goes 8-3 but loses, then blames his inting teammate and you think that of me? I am the one who ints!" - shokan_warrior

Gainazzo
2 months ago#18
Gangryong posted...
Gainazzo posted...
GrandDart posted...

the pick order was by MMR, so...

Oh yeah you're right that was the toxic part which got removed. Now that I think of it the league system was created for people in different leagues to have a better feel or progression and competetiviness but yeah it didn't really deliver.

User Info: MK9_Prodigy

MK9_Prodigy
2 months ago#19
elo>promo system
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is the ranked system good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived