do reports work on pre/post game chat?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do reports work on pre/post game chat?

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
1 month ago#1
topic
http://i.imgur.com/HcKBWZ6.gif

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
1 month ago#2
considering I pulled the death threat s*** in post game chat once and still have an account, no.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: assmasster

assmasster
1 month ago#3
Buddy, reports don't work at all

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 month ago#4
Usually it takes 4 or more people reporting someone for action to be taken care of, and even then at least 3 of the reports have to come from the enemy team. Rito's policy for handing out discipline is "if there's enough smoke there's probably a fire worth investigating". At least that's what I've noticed. Basically people from both sides have to agree that someone was being a f***-bungler and report them for Rito to take action.

As for whether or not it takes in pre/post game lobby chat into consideration: I can't say. :^)

User Info: xVashTS98x

xVashTS98x
1 month ago#5
Yeah. I asked their support about this one time and he confirmed that they did. Now, if they just want you to think BigBrother is watching and just straight up lied, who knows, but I doubt it.
FC: 4828 7900 0716
Currently playing: Clash of Clans (level 119 - near max TH9), Tri Force Heroes, League of Legends (Jungle, Support), Metroid Prime Trilogy

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
1 month ago#6
It's being tested on a small server (might be oce?), should be coming to others soon. As far as i know it isnt enabled everywhere yet. You can screenshot pre/post game chats and send something to riot support and they treat it like a report though. You just wont get the popup in client telling you they got reported.

source: some reddit post a rioter commented in recently. I can try to find it.

edit: https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-oce/RHaLh1FE-suspension-without-cause?comment=0006

We've been working on a system that involves looking through champ select and post-game chats looking for instances of verbal abuse or unsportsmanlike behaviour.

We've been trialing this system during the last week. At the point at which I posted this comment, it looks like everyone who posted in this thread was punished by this system.

Because this is a relatively new system that is being trialed - there's currently no specific information in the client or in the email that you receive after being punished. If you contact Player Support, they will provide you with more context around why you were punished. We're planning on improving the info provided at the time of punishment over time.

I'm happy to provide logs here from your own cases if you are willing for me to do so. Otherwise, Player Support should be able to help you out.

also https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/75mjyj/instant_feedback_moves_into_champ_select_postgame/
riotzaps 323 points 4 days ago
Just want to clarify some things here.
This is happening through a different system than the Instant Feedback system. This system looks through champ select and post game chat for instances of verbal abuse and general unsportsmanlike behavior.
It's currently on trial in Oceania as of the last week. We're currently working on refining how the bans go out so players get the full context of why they were punished.
Tiltproof

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
1 month ago#7
assmasster posted...
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: TheSpaceDragon

TheSpaceDragon
1 month ago#8
assmasster posted...

I have proof that they do.

https://i.imgur.com/3I8l2Ad.png

Yes, that was mine. Yes, it happened recently. Yes, I only took it so I can prove people who say that wrong.

Anyway, I'm not sure, TC, but it never hurts to report just in case. Or well, if you get reported and punished, you'll know.
Believe it!

User Info: MTGxerxes

MTGxerxes
1 month ago#9
TheSpaceDragon posted...
assmasster posted...

I have proof that they do.

https://i.imgur.com/3I8l2Ad.png

Yes, that was mine. Yes, it happened recently. Yes, I only took it so I can prove people who say that wrong.

Anyway, I'm not sure, TC, but it never hurts to report just in case. Or well, if you get reported and punished, you'll know.

Can confirm. I saw this exact same thing a week or so ago. No clue which report of which game, but I only report in severe cases anyway.
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic DotP 2013/2014, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager

User Info: Gobb

Gobb
1 month ago#10
Skystrike70 posted...
assmasster posted...

didn't u get perma'd
Good thing I brought my vape.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do reports work on pre/post game chat?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived