do reports work on pre/post game chat?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do reports work on pre/post game chat?

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#11
assmasster posted...
Buddy, reports don't work at all

This. I was just about to say if reports worked AT ALL 90% of this community would be banned
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#12
TheSpaceDragon posted...
assmasster posted...

I have proof that they do.

https://i.imgur.com/3I8l2Ad.png

Yes, that was mine. Yes, it happened recently. Yes, I only took it so I can prove people who say that wrong.

Anyway, I'm not sure, TC, but it never hurts to report just in case. Or well, if you get reported and punished, you'll know.
His "penalty" was a 5 minute perma ban. He didn't get punished just stop

He probably got some random chat restrict or something stupid. People should actually be punished when they act like sub humans in this game. This cute message you got is so rare it's not even worth mentioning. The other 95% of the time either nothing happens or the punishment is inconsequential

User Info: TheSpaceDragon

TheSpaceDragon
1 month ago#13
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
so rare

Happens every time I report someone.
Believe it!

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#14
TheSpaceDragon posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
so rare

nope

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
1 month ago#15
supercoolisaac posted...
It's being tested on a small server (might be oce?), should be coming to others soon. As far as i know it isnt enabled everywhere yet. You can screenshot pre/post game chats and send something to riot support and they treat it like a report though. You just wont get the popup in client telling you they got reported.

source: some reddit post a rioter commented in recently. I can try to find it.

edit: https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-oce/RHaLh1FE-suspension-without-cause?comment=0006

We've been working on a system that involves looking through champ select and post-game chats looking for instances of verbal abuse or unsportsmanlike behaviour.

We've been trialing this system during the last week. At the point at which I posted this comment, it looks like everyone who posted in this thread was punished by this system.

Because this is a relatively new system that is being trialed - there's currently no specific information in the client or in the email that you receive after being punished. If you contact Player Support, they will provide you with more context around why you were punished. We're planning on improving the info provided at the time of punishment over time.

I'm happy to provide logs here from your own cases if you are willing for me to do so. Otherwise, Player Support should be able to help you out.

also https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/75mjyj/instant_feedback_moves_into_champ_select_postgame/
riotzaps 323 points 4 days ago
Just want to clarify some things here.
This is happening through a different system than the Instant Feedback system. This system looks through champ select and post game chat for instances of verbal abuse and general unsportsmanlike behavior.
It's currently on trial in Oceania as of the last week. We're currently working on refining how the bans go out so players get the full context of why they were punished.

Well s***, after game chat was the place I could tell my team how I really feel.

Guess we're going to have to stick to sending friend requests and telling people they're butt munchers that way.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: AeternaNocturne

AeternaNocturne
1 month ago#16
supercoolisaac posted...
It's being tested on a small server (might be oce?), should be coming to others soon. As far as i know it isnt enabled everywhere yet. You can screenshot pre/post game chats and send something to riot support and they treat it like a report though. You just wont get the popup in client telling you they got reported.

source: some reddit post a rioter commented in recently. I can try to find it.

edit: https://boards.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-oce/RHaLh1FE-suspension-without-cause?comment=0006

We've been working on a system that involves looking through champ select and post-game chats looking for instances of verbal abuse or unsportsmanlike behaviour.

We've been trialing this system during the last week. At the point at which I posted this comment, it looks like everyone who posted in this thread was punished by this system.

Because this is a relatively new system that is being trialed - there's currently no specific information in the client or in the email that you receive after being punished. If you contact Player Support, they will provide you with more context around why you were punished. We're planning on improving the info provided at the time of punishment over time.

I'm happy to provide logs here from your own cases if you are willing for me to do so. Otherwise, Player Support should be able to help you out.

also https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/75mjyj/instant_feedback_moves_into_champ_select_postgame/
riotzaps 323 points 4 days ago
Just want to clarify some things here.
This is happening through a different system than the Instant Feedback system. This system looks through champ select and post game chat for instances of verbal abuse and general unsportsmanlike behavior.
It's currently on trial in Oceania as of the last week. We're currently working on refining how the bans go out so players get the full context of why they were punished.

They absolutely do not treat screenshots like reports. They straight up say on the page where you issue a ticket "this is not the area for reports - do that in client".

Right now, post game chat is logged but is literally never checked / regarded. You can say what you want there.

As shown by above, they are working on changing it.
Dodging one criminal by electing another did us no favors. Break the cycle of "lesser of two evils" voting or you'll always be voting for evil.

User Info: TheSpaceDragon

TheSpaceDragon
1 month ago#17
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
TheSpaceDragon posted...
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
so rare

nope

Yep.
Because I only report extreme cases and when people actually deserve to be reported.
Believe it!

User Info: ImTheKing

ImTheKing
1 month ago#18
It's rare reports work (Especially getting that message) and I've been playing since s1. I guess it only happens if you're extremely lucky and happen to report a person who has been reported a million times before. And pre/post game chat reports don't work, I always flame like a maniac and even worse in them and people cry I'm gonna screen. I still continue. Not even a game restriction from pre/post flames. Thing is they can be faked. In game chatlog can't. Well they can, but they can just check it. But they're gonna change that, atleast that's what they're saying.
Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 month ago#19
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
People should actually be punished when they act like sub humans in this game.

But MGI, then you wouldn't be allowed to play anymore?
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: ShariganItachi

ShariganItachi
1 month ago#20
assmasster posted...

Hes not lying.
One day Dosu Kinuta WILL be in a fighting game, and i'm not changing my sig till then 2/12/06.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do reports work on pre/post game chat?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived