0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
3 months ago#31
btw laning and matchups knowledge can only get you so far, dia 1 + aren't very different from pro players in that regard. what really defines the greats is macro play, rotations, teamwork and such. and warding.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
3 months ago#32
120 cs is not decent in platinum

maybe in bottom of the barrel plat 5 but try that s*** in high plat-low dia and it won't fly

why settle for being bad at CSing when you can aim to be good at CSing instead?
"That's not a character, that's a set of bondage gear that can cast Ice 2."
Vento Aureo 469

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
3 months ago#33
Doulou posted...
Normals have their own mmr so dont worry about smurfs.

Play 1000 normal games and choose a role to main and 3 champs max.

Learn what every champ does along the way.

Right now playing vs bots makes you equal to bronze v.... it's pointless. Every bot game you played was a complete waste of time.

Had a friend cap out at silver/gold. He bought Nasus and played 200 some bot games with him and then got to diamond a few weeks after before the end of season.

I don't know what he learned in bots because I've always found them useless but he swears by them lmao. I think he mainly did 1v5 but its been years.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
3 months ago#34
Nightmare_Luna posted...
120 cs is not decent in platinum

maybe in bottom of the barrel plat 5 but try that s*** in high plat-low dia and it won't fly

why settle for being bad at CSing when you can aim to be good at CSing instead?

Are you missing the point where he's bronze 5 averaging 50ish CS at 30 minutes?

He needs small goals first then he can work his way up. After he consistently gets 120 CS then he can move up to 130, 140 etc. Obviously getting the most CS you can is optimal but we're dealing with a brand new bottom of the barrel player.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: rexbaner2

rexbaner2
3 months ago#35
Nightmare_Luna posted...
KeiHazuki99 posted...
Learn how to CS properly in AI games.

Aim for at least 120cs before 20 minutes.

120? wtf kind of lowball number is that? aim for 150 at a bare minimum. some games you wont get to that and that's okay, but you should at least try

foolish... 20 mins anything can happen where cs may not be your primary goal.

You're fed as F are you going to stay lane and farm or roam and abuse the hell out of anyone in your path

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
3 months ago#36
This reminds me of my friend. He started playing League when I was in Plat.

6 months later he was in Plat, higher than me.

A few months after that he was Diamond.

He even had a game where he was queued with Dyrus and Dyrus' duo queue buddy in ranked.
Dyrus' friend spilled soda on his outlet and turned off his computer, Dyrus gave up, my friend kept trying to play and carry the game and almost did it but in the end he couldn't.

He was queued with Dyrus and friend quite a bit. It was pretty funny watching his games and watching it being streamed by Dyrus also. lol

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
3 months ago#37
Zanaki posted...
Doulou posted...

Right now playing vs bots makes you equal to bronze v.... it's pointless. Every bot game you played was a complete waste of time.

Had a friend cap out at silver/gold. He bought Nasus and played 200 some bot games with him and then got to diamond a few weeks after before the end of season.

I don't know what he learned in bots because I've always found them useless but he swears by them lmao. I think he mainly did 1v5 but its been years.

I could see the first 5 minutes against bots as Nasus being really useful, because they'll always attempt to attack you when you walk onto their "screen"

Ofc, once you chunk them below half they always run away, so you'd probably have to do some extra work to make sure you're actually getting practice being pressured/trading/whatever.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: NEOhawk-Curse

NEOhawk-Curse
3 months ago#38
Pleasantly surprised by how positive people are being here.

And yeah, people tryhard like crazy in norms. Probably troll less in norms than in ranked. You can get better at cs and the most basic stuff in practice mode, but to learn matchups you have to play against real people. The hard part is not picking up the bad habits of the bad players you'll be matched with. i know almost for a certainty that I'm playing many of my matchups incorrectly just because the enemies let me get away with s*** a decent player never would.
My godsend chemical best friend skeleton whispering in my ear

User Info: ao_bomber

ao_bomber
3 months ago#39
NEOhawk-Curse posted...
Pleasantly surprised by how positive people are being here.

And yeah, people tryhard like crazy in norms. Probably troll less in norms than in ranked. You can get better at cs and the most basic stuff in practice mode, but to learn matchups you have to play against real people. The hard part is not picking up the bad habits of the bad players you'll be matched with. i know almost for a certainty that I'm playing many of my matchups incorrectly just because the enemies let me get away with s*** a decent player never would.

Well, I guess it is because I came upfront and stated I was a n00b that needed help. Anything negative would just be obnoxiousness on their end (and probably modded).

I've posted a similar topic on Reddit and the responses have been great as well. (Though they're pretty divisive about whether I should keep playing Ranked or not). Even had someone ask for my Discord so they can give coaching advice. I'll definitely be contacting that person later to hear what he has to say.
3DS FC: 3368-6273-3978 (ZYL5) ## https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/SJia
FE:Fates MyCastle: 18174-28906-95823-70845

User Info: Doulou

Doulou
3 months ago#40
Zanaki posted...
Doulou posted...

What a strange thing to lie about.

I'm gonna wager you don't have his account name or any proof of his climb.

There's absolutely no way 200 bot games makes you go from Silver to Diamond, even if Diamond V is still lacking in a lot of ways. He paid for a boost, or duo'd with a booster.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXbHOONFEprHi7LZqEaUPyA Jax Smurf Commentary
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. 0-2 in the Ranked Placement. Expecting Bronze V but still frustrated with myself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived