Good CS per minute? Also Vlad tips if you will.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Good CS per minute? Also Vlad tips if you will.

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
1 month ago#1
Low Gold right now, usually play Vlad top, what's a good cs/m?

Also any plat/diamond+ Vlad have preferred items they build? Just looking for some tips etc.

Thanks boys.
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon

User Info: Kelly14

Kelly14
1 month ago#2
As close to 10 as possible.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 month ago#3
i've been thinking about picking up Vlad :p

how is he
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: baltoboulbobbi

baltoboulbobbi
1 month ago#4
HipsterSora posted...

how is he

Only the strongest champion in the game while never banned
Not changing this sign until Vladimir gets nerfed, started 28 sep 2017

Zanaki
1 month ago#5
HipsterSora posted...

how is he

65% winrate, but I only get 17 lp per win and -20 per loss because I only played with a silver 4 friend lmao.

And it isn't me doing good so much as the champ is insane if able to get to mid/late game.
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon

User Info: SirFeed

SirFeed
1 month ago#6
vlad plays different for mid and top.
aim to cap cdr and tailor your rune page based off what you expect your build to be in the game e.g if you are only going to go lucidity + zhonyas as your cdr items then get 20% scaling in runes.

Rush cdr asap; its best laning stat you can get; better then ap early game.

My build I dont think is optimal as I go a lategame build by forgoing protobelt for liandry so Protobelt is probably teh best overall choice however i prefer liandry as my core.

Vlads trading pattern is very different from most champions -> trade with Q whenever possible and you should win; if even/behind on trading use Q on minions a few times without losing too much lane pressure. Very few champions can beat Vlad in short trades and almost no champions can outtrade vlad if he can abuse minions as well. Te champions that do pressure him are the ones that can trade him with a range advantage e.g Syndra, Orianna, Azir however you have to be very good at those champions to perfectly abuse the range advantage and even then Vlad can usually go even. Champions that can beat Vlad in short trades are stuff like Kassadin, Riven (i.e champions that have sustain or pseudo sustain)

If possible try to cs with autos instead of Q; you lose alot of lane pressure if you use Q to CS when you dont have to; the exception to this is if you really need the hp or you wont get the cs without it. In lane if you are low/med health you should use your empowered Q on minion if the enemy kites it out; if you are high Hp you should save the Q for lane pressure even if it messes up the stack generation of Q.

When I play vlad top its very important to stomp your lane. Vlad top does scale well but he can screw mid game pretty hard because having a ranged ap top laner will often screw up your team comp unless you have a tank sup/jg. THis is why its really important to stomp ur lane so the enemy doesnt abuse team comp weaknesses in the mid game.
Vlad has very few bad matchups in top lane; he is one of the hardest matchups for certain champions e.g Teemo, GP, Urgot, Shen, Malphite, Heimer. He will also generally trash any matchup that does not have sustain or pseudo sustain (e.g shields).
Bad matchups for Vlad top are Mundo, Darius (heavy skill check matchup; imo even matchup if Vlad plays perfectly). Mundo is hard only for 1v1s because he will 100% not lose to you in lane due to his ranged farming capabilities and he beats you in 1v1s after 1 item until very lategame. You outscale him hard but you have to play defensively in split after 1 item which is annoying.
In general in top lane I freeze from the very start of laning phase as it is good for 1v1s but not good for lane pressure and your jg however I prioritize winning lane. In top you can Q your krugs/gromp if you need HP but it is too dangerous to q minions as your laner may all in you. This is most effective when you have abit of cdr as you can use two/three Qs before you get back to lane. Try to walk closer to the enemy when you have your empowered Q coming up. usually most champions cant aggressively approach other champions while their main ability is on a significant cooldown however absolutely no chapmion in the game can trade with empowered Q if it actually hits them so you can afford to actually walk into the enemy champion very aggressively much before your Q is actually up e.g 3-4 seconds before the cooldown is up. This can catch players off guard.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
Hardstuck diamond player. ID Oce: Noob (D2) NA: Sir Feed (D4)

User Info: SirFeed

SirFeed
1 month ago#7
Mid: Vlad actually has a few matchups here that can pressure him; most control mages that outrange him can pressure him somewhat; just build dorans shield and sustain in these matchups if they are good players. If they are bad players and do not abuse range adv i.e they actually get hit by your Q's then you can trash them as you will heaviliy outrade most mid lane champions. Vlad has unfavourable matchups in mid but no bad matchups; he can go even into pretty much every champion.
Probably worst champion to vs is Kass as he beats you in short trades unless you itemize MR which I dont like doing. If you Go SV this is an easy lane but I hate SV. Extremely well played cass is unfavourable matchup and unlike Kassadin you cant auto win by building spirit visage; you need to go ap into her to be able to 1 shot her/ or at least get stormraiders proc so you can disengage from her SR.
Other unfavourable matchups but not bad matchups are champs such as Syndra, taliyah, Orianna, Aurelion sol, Anivia, Azir, malzahar.
In general when I play mid I hard shove my lane from the start unless I am versing a melee champion as melees in mid can get screwed by freezes. This is because mid lane champions generally have to use mana to cs under tower, mid lane champions generally try to push vlad in so you should try to counteract that, vlad is pretty good at poking champs under tower as he can safely sacrifice some hp to turret shots with his sustain.

You can go 18/0/12 or 12/18/0
I generally go 12/18/0 vs sqquishies where I can proc stormraiders easily.
18/0/12 into every matchup that is going to build significant MR into you. it is important to note that DFT can actually be harmful to your early game if the opponent has MR runes + dorans shield however the combination of the pen mastery and DFT scaling overcomes it later on and is vastly superior in terms of dmg as compared to stormraiders into tanky opponents.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
Hardstuck diamond player. ID Oce: Noob (D2) NA: Sir Feed (D4)

Zanaki
1 month ago#8
Thank you SirFeed. Heading to sleep now but will read everything again when I wake up.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: Zans_

Zans_
1 month ago#9
Going off of what SirFeed said, try to find what build you prefer running. I'm with SirFeed in that I don't like the Protobelt rush as much. I'll either start Liandries or Ludens. You will need to make up the CDR with runes or boots though, if you forgo Protobelt.

Next important thing I would say is learning how to combo properly. You can hold your Tides of Blood and cast other spells while it's charging. An example would be, charge your tide, pool, and then the tide will release while you're still in the pool. The main use is learning how to flash combo to maximize your burst. You'll want to charge your tides, flash R, Q, release your tides, and then either follow your target with the pool if you think the pop won't kill them, or if you need to go untargetable. You can also protobelt while in your pool.

I would just suggest looking up Vlad combos on YouTube. I know MidBeast has a challenger in 5 video where he goes over some combos. Find the preferred item build you like and combo well.
LoL: Zans, Abandon All Hope, Peaches FTW
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Good CS per minute? Also Vlad tips if you will.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived