Okay I admit it: Evelynn sucks.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Okay I admit it: Evelynn sucks.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#21
I think she's pretty good, Easy clear, a lot of innate damage (especially compared to before where she basically did nothing unless she snowballed) and she's got both potent CC and an immensly powerful ult.

There's lots of complaints about her W but I don't think people are being all that smart with it. The mindgames you can play with it are great. I'm constantly using it at times when it looks like I might emerge from the river in a gank in order to shepherd enemies in the direction I want them to be.

Her early ganks are weak but they aren't terrible, even pre-6 enemies should be careful about diving or pushing against a team with Evelynn on it since she works really well to punish dives. Hell, she's pretty damn good at zoning too, I can't count the amount of times that I've been near bot lane but unable to gank and I've just placed W on their carry and it's prettty much causes them to back off.

Her major weak points are her cooldowns which is weird coming from old Evelynn who always had Q up and the fact that she's susceptible to invades since she's not great at dueling.

Overall though, if I was Riot I would not touch Evelynn at all until Runes are released. They could easily create a Zed situation in which he was incredibly weak on release due to not being a meta pick but Season 3 bought a lot of changes to the game that made him good and the previous buffs he received pushed him into OP territory.

Deanyzy
1 month ago#22
luigi33 posted...
I know one thing: Evelynn is now the worst team fighting assassin int he game by far.

She has a weak early and a weak late. She's only half-way decent in the middle. Rito do something about it plz.

She's only bad late if you play her in a dumb way.

She can easily focus down carries when team fights begin, if you're going in first or trying to assassinate targets alone when they are grouped up then you're gonna get popped, ult or not.

User Info: Dark_Luna3

Dark_Luna3
1 month ago#23
luigi33 posted...
scar the 1 posted...
luigi33 posted...
and becomes laughably bad when players start grouping up.

Oh yeah we all know that assassins are supposed to excel in situations where the enemy team group up as five.

The problem is that she's still a garbage duelist. So she can't snipe splitpushers 1v1, and she can't do anything when people group up.

You keep bringing up stuff like this even though this is entirely based around numbers. Her sustained damage is less than old Eve because of Q CD but they're already buffing that as well as the actual damage of Q and E.

Even on live her burst is higher with ulti and she's stronger than old Eve when ahead/fed. She's worse when behind since she lacks the sustained damage to follow-up her initial rotation but again, that's entire to do with numbers.

Give it a rest... for like 2-4 weeks like every other rework/champion that releases. Underpowered =/= bad/flawed design. You'd think after so many releases people would learn this? Her base power level without a W proc is a bit too low currently. Once she's buffed up (so is less reliant on W procs in general), she'll be better than old Eve due to the on-demand slow and execute. Only thing strictly worse is no stealth pre-6 but it's probably necessary.

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 month ago#24
Deanyzy posted...
I've just placed W on their carry and it's prettty much causes them to back off.

Yeah, she could be halfway to the next lane by the time people realize she just put a W on them and left.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#25
she actually does some surprisingly high damage so i dont know wtf youre talking about. yes her pre-stealth ganks are weak (THANK GOD SINCE STEALTH WAS OBVIOUSLY BROKEN) but late game, once she get's stealth is just the same old eve except she can charm people from a mile away for some reason making her ganks even deadlier than before tbh. at least her ult slow was "melee" range (it wasnt melee but it wasnt as far as her charm thing)
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth
1 month ago#26
No no, her numbers really are too low.

I just had a game last night that reminded me why I dropped old Eve as my main. Early game I went 4/0 with good farm. THEN mid game rolled around...

On multiple occasions I was able to catch out single members of the enemy team, with my charm, all in them, and they still had like... 40% of their hp left! And we are not talking tanks here. A Caitlyn, Gnar, and a Morgana. Whats more, their panic response attacks on me either forced me to ult away or strait up killed me!

If a fed assassin can catch out a squishy target, land their cc, and all of their damaging kit, and the result is getting grossly out traded? Something is VERY wrong.
Everyone's a Brony. They just don't know it yet! :)

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
1 month ago#27
Dark_Luna3 posted...
Ah yes, the 'ol "Numbers are too low currently so obviously the rework/champions sucks... but in two months time we'll all be complaining about how it's OP if over-buffed".

luigi33 posted...
"You're a stealth assassin? Lets give you this clearly broadcasted ability that lets EVERYONE know you're close AND you're going to strike soon. Lets also tie that same easily counterable, easily telivised ability with your max potential damage output too!"

Except this would be completely fine if she was rewarded enough for it (which is all down to number tuning). The mechanic is completely fine, and very fair to play against for an assassin.

Plus, you don't need to even proc the charm. The slow is often sufficient enough considering the old Eve didn't even have CC outside ult. Once her buffs go through next match it'll probably be a good risk/reward mechanic that is interesting to play against.

Plus, it has a lot of manipulation involved. You can walk into a lane, cast W on someone and then just walk away. This f**** with someone's mind to the point where they'll be forced to play passive and stand back until you show up in another lane. It's a low-effort way to help your team in bad match-ups. And if/when her numbers her stronger, she can fake-out her W in teamfights and just jump on someone else with sufficient enough damage to punish them, whilst scaring off the other player in the meantime.

stu bronize. Her kit is dumb and will not be used outside of diamond plus unless her numbers are buffed. She has the same exact weakness as old EvE. She is Feast or Famine but now can't go tank. They need to just give her stealh back at level 1 or just straight up remove it. They will not remove it because of all those "challenging 3d animations" (Piss easy to create Skeletal Joints and then Paint Weight them lmao Riot. Stop hiring f***ing s***ters your corrupt pieces of trash). Eve will always stay in this dumb ass spot of too weak or too strong. Number f***ing matter.

Deanyzy
1 month ago#28
GreatWhiteNorth posted...

I just had a game last night that reminded me why I dropped old Eve as my main. Early game I went 4/0 with good farm. THEN mid game rolled around...

On multiple occasions I was able to catch out single members of the enemy team, with my charm, all in them, and they still had like... 40% of their hp left! And we are not talking tanks here. A Caitlyn, Gnar, and a Morgana. Whats more, their panic response attacks on me either forced me to ult away or strait up killed me!

If a fed assassin can catch out a squishy target, land their cc, and all of their damaging kit, and the result is getting grossly out traded? Something is VERY wrong.

What are you building? If you're that far ahead then you should be able to pop squishies easily. Lichbane'd E causes people to explode.

User Info: GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth
1 month ago#29
Deanyzy posted...
GreatWhiteNorth posted...

What are you building? If you're that far ahead then you should be able to pop squishies easily. Lichbane'd E causes people to explode.

At my 4/0 point I had blue smite runic echoes, hextec protobelt, boots, and all of lichbane's materials. I wasn't building anything stupid. and I had TLD as my keystone.
Everyone's a Brony. They just don't know it yet! :)

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
1 month ago#30
Phatbeast69 posted...
Good, cancer champ got what she deserved.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Okay I admit it: Evelynn sucks.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived