Ask Riot: Pre-Season Edition Volume 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Ask Riot: Pre-Season Edition Volume 2

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
1 month ago#1
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/10/ask-riot-preseason-edition-volume-2/

Here's the TL;DR, for the four or five people who will read this:

"For those of us who are already lvl 30, what are we going to get, beyond blue essence?"
Capsules will contain champ shards, to help out those who are not full-up in their roster size. For those that are, the Blue Essence Store will return on occasion. There will also be milestone-rewards, that range from icons and emotes to gemstones.

"How will rune pages work in the new system?"
Basically like the old ones: you get five default pages you cannot edit, two free pages you can edit, and you can acquire more from the store. The biggest difference being that you can edit your rune pages whilst in Champion Select.

"In regards to being given a 1350 skin for every four rune pages bought with RP, will the skins be randomly chosen? Or based on something like my top 10 played champs? Also, I bought three rune pages with RP. Would I still get a skin?"
Your rune page-purchases will be rounded up to determined how many skins you will get. They will be randomly selected from within the criteria: you must own the champion, and you must not own the 1350 skin in question.

"With the new mastery and runes update, what will happen to champions who rely almost entirely on magic pen or armor pen?"
"This is one example of a problem we’ve been working on throughout Runes Reforged. We’ve reduced the ability to concentrate a champion into a single focus." This isn't really an issue for champions like Ziggs, but it is definitely a problem for a champion like Riven (and her CDR runes). While the new system lacks clean solutions to these problem-cases, levers exist that can be pulled in accommodation, including changing their base statistics. And, obviously, Riot will pay attention to these champions as we move further into the Pre-Season.

"After merging the IP and blue essences systems, will you put out daily quests with rewards of blue essence (or something else)?"
"We’re planning on converting the First Win of the Day bonus into a daily mission that grants bonus XP towards your next level up...At the moment, we don’t have any plans to offer blue essence directly through missions. We’d like to see the new leveling system in action first and we’ll make adjustments from there."

"Are we going to be able to see opponent’s runes in a match?"
To reiterate, they will be showing the Keystone and secondary path of all champions during the loading screen. Not the whole path, just that they are using said path; a Sona could show up as "Meteor, Domination", and you can go from there. Beyond that, "they're leaning far more heavily on timely VFX and SFX to communicate relevant tactical information".
Pidge got another episode all to herself again; hit me in the happy-feels. Now if Prince Lotor - and his cool lady-friends - could get some actual screen-time.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#2
linkblade91 posted...
Your rune page-purchases will be rounded up to determined how many skins you will get

That's pretty cool.

And, obviously, Riot will pay attention to these champions as we move further into the Pre-Season.

Obviously ;)
Gregg rulz OK

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 month ago#3
ctrl f "ezreal"
0 results
sad
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: GranzonEx

GranzonEx
1 month ago#4
no more grinding for blue essence get your wallets ready boys
2 line break(s), 160 characters allowed

User Info: 8420

1 month ago#5
Muh Hybrid Pen runes ;_;
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: Ya_dun_goofed

Ya_dun_goofed
1 month ago#6
linkblade91 posted...
Basically like the old ones: you get five default pages you cannot edit, two free pages you can edit, and you can acquire more from the store. The biggest difference being that you can edit your rune pages whilst in Champion Select.

So I need to buy rune pages again? f*** that s***.

User Info: metralo

metralo
1 month ago#7
Ya_dun_goofed posted...
linkblade91 posted...

you'll have 7 of them why would you want more
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1298321979/image.jpg

User Info: Ya_dun_goofed

Ya_dun_goofed
1 month ago#8
metralo posted...
Ya_dun_goofed posted...
linkblade91 posted...

you'll have 7 of them why would you want more

Only 2 you can edit, the others are default...

User Info: supercoolisaac

supercoolisaac
1 month ago#9
Ya_dun_goofed posted...
Only 2 you can edit, the others are default...

why would you need to edit more than one? you can change them in champ select
Tiltproof

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
1 month ago#10
Ya_dun_goofed posted...
linkblade91 posted...

Oh s***, I apologize for that: you keep all of the pages you had purchased. That's just what you would start with, the default if you were new or whatever.
Pidge got another episode all to herself again; hit me in the happy-feels. Now if Prince Lotor - and his cool lady-friends - could get some actual screen-time.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Ask Riot: Pre-Season Edition Volume 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived