What's the TL;DR on the IP/Blue Essence changes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What's the TL;DR on the IP/Blue Essence changes?

User Info: HamJabroni

HamJabroni
1 month ago#1
Haven't kept up. Is it better to save up your IP or buy champ chards and disenchant?
LoL is better than hell? What a joke. LoL is hell itself. There's no hope to be had in it - nothing but absolute despair.
Persona 5 life https://goo.gl/9jhct5

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
1 month ago#2
- Buy champ shards and disenchant. It's a gamble, but as long as you avoid a surge of cheap-champs you'll come out ahead.

- There will be a special store when the change drops, for people with a massive storage of blue essence. This store will reappear on occasion.

- Your First Win of the day will not provide blue essence, but rather XP toward your next level. Keeping in mind that they're changing the leveling system.
Cuphead's Mr. King Dice and his "All Bets Are Off!" level can go straight to hell. There's "difficult" and there's a total gut-punch.

User Info: Mastadi

Mastadi
1 month ago#3
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/75734106

tl;dr on average you'll get 230 bonus BE for each champ shard you buy and disenchant
"I'm pretty sure you're confusing female with downs syndrome" - EnglishLanguag

User Info: MTGxerxes

MTGxerxes
1 month ago#4
What about costs of stuff? Like right now I could add a couple mastery 6 tokens if I use 500 BE, but I'm hoping if I save it then my BE will multiply and the cost to get a mastery token won't.

Is it worth it to buy all the 450IP champs and THEN buy champ shards? What day does the system change? aka deadline to buy shards?
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic DotP 2013/2014, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
1 month ago#5
MTGxerxes posted...
What about costs of stuff? Like right now I could add a couple mastery 6 tokens if I use 500 BE, but I'm hoping if I save it then my BE will multiply and the cost to get a mastery token won't.

Is it worth it to buy all the 450IP champs and THEN buy champ shards? What day does the system change? aka deadline to buy shards?

Champ shards are completely random, 450 IP champs included even if you own them.

Mastery costs will be multiplied by 6.5 as well is what I've heard.
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 month ago#6
MTGxerxes posted...
Is it worth it to buy all the 450IP champs and THEN buy champ shards?

champ shards are random, and can be champs you own. so no.

unless you plan on rerolling low cost champ shards, which gives you a random champ you don't own.

linkblade91 posted...
- Your First Win of the day will not provide blue essence, but rather XP toward your next level. Keeping in mind that they're changing the leveling system.

I could be wrong but I also think on the PBE there are daily missions now, which do grant BE. They're usually simple things that go along with your first win, like placing an amount of wards.
LoL: Hipster Sora | Loves of my Life: Sora and Ezreal | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: iAku

iAku
1 month ago#7
buying champ shards isnt worht it tho since you make a slight minus on average if you factor in everything.
// We are all travelers on a road of infinite points // Also go hug yourself //
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FuEnHakBQ

HipsterSora
1 month ago#8
iAku posted...
buying champ shards isnt worht it tho since you make a slight minus on average if you factor in everything.

no... it's definitely worth it. On average you should be getting a return, even if it is a gamble. The more champs you own, the more you you get an increase from rerolls as well.
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: iAku

iAku
1 month ago#9
HipsterSora posted...
iAku posted...

no... it's definitely worth it. On average you should be getting a return, even if it is a gamble. The more champs you own, the more you you get an increase from rerolls as well.

lunno about the rerolls but if you factor the + and - with their respective Chance of occuring you get a slight minus.

reroll might Change that tho.
// We are all travelers on a road of infinite points // Also go hug yourself //
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FuEnHakBQ

HipsterSora
1 month ago#10
Riot has confirmed that all Blue Essence in your crafting inventory will be multiplied by 6.5 when they're merging IP and Blue Essence in pre-season.

Champion shards yield different Blue Essence values when you disenchant them, based on the champion price.
450 IP champions yield 87 Blue Essence
1350 IP champions yield 195 Blue Essence
3150 IP champions yield 263 Blue Essence
4800 IP champions yield 293 Blue Essence
6300 IP champions yield 325 Blue Essence

When you factor in the 6.5x multiplication factor that will occur in pre-season, champion shard Blue Essence yields are as follows:
450 IP champions yield 87x6.5= 565.5 Blue Essence
1350 IP champions yield 195x6.5= 1267.5 Blue Essence
3150 IP champions yield 263x6.5= 1709.5 Blue Essence
4800 IP champions yield 293x6.5= 1904.5 Blue Essence
6300 IP champions yield 325x6.5= 2112.5 Blue Essence

Now take into account that a Mystery Champion Shard costs 1700 IP in the shop. As a result, the profit/loss for each champ price category would be as follows:
450 IP champions yield 87x6.5= 565.5-1700= -1134.5 Essence (net loss)
1350 IP champions yield 195x6.5= 1267.5-1700= -432.5 Essence (net loss)
3150 IP champions yield 263x6.5= 1709.5-1700= 9.5 Essence (net gain)
4800 IP champions yield 293x6.5= 1904.5-1700= 204.5 Essence (net gain)
6300 IP champions yield 325x6.5= 2112.5-1700= 412.5 Essence (net gain)

Now let's look at what our odds are.
There are 13 champions that are worth 450 IP (Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Garen, Kayle, Master Yi, Nunu, Poppy, Ryze, Singed, Sivir, Soraka and Warwick). That's around 9.5% of the champion total.

There are 22 champions that are worth 1350 IP (Udyr, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Morgana, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Rammus, Sion, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Alistar, Jax, Janna, Malphite, Zilean, Taric, Teemo, Veigar and Xin Zhao). That's around 16% of the champion total.

There are 24 champions that are worth 3150 IP (Twitch, Urgot, Pantheon, Olaf, Miss Fortune, Nidalee, Shen, Shyvana, Shaco, Sona, Gangplank, Galio, Corki, Anivia, Akali, Blitzcrank, Kassadin, Karthus, Karma, Heimerdinger, Gragas, Katarina, Lux and LeBlanc). That's around 17.4% of the champion total.

There are 47 champions that are worth 4800 IP (Talon, Trundle, Varus, Vayne, Orianna, Nocturne, Nautilus, Renekton, Rengar, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Skarner, Fizz, Ezreal, Fiora, Diana, Elise, Draven, Darius, Brand, Ahri, Cassiopeia, Caitlyn, Jayce, Jarvan IV, Lulu, Malzahar, Maokai, Hecarim, Leona, Lee Sin, Kennen, Kha'Zix, Kog'Maw, Irelia, Graves, Xerath, Viktor, Yorick, Volibear, Wukong, Vladimir, Swain, Ziggs, Zyra and Syndra). That's around 34.1% of the champion total.

There are 32 champions that are worth 6300 IP (Bard, Braum, Camille, Ekko, Ornn, Gnar, Illaoi, Jinx, Yasuo, Vel'Koz, Rek'Sai, Aurelion Sol, Ivern, Jhin, Kled, Taliyah, Xayah, Rakan, Kalista, Kayn, Lissandra, Kindred, Zac, Quinn, Lucian, Azir, Nami, Tahm Kench, Vi, Aatrox, Thresh and Zed). That's around 23.2% of the champion total.

So, assuming Mystery Champion Shard category distributions are entirely even, these are your odds:
9.5% chance of a 1134.5 Essence loss
16% chance of a 432.5 Essence loss
17.4% chance of a 9.5 Essence gain
34.1% chance of a 204.5 Essence gain
23.2% chance of a 412.5 Essence gain

The odds of gaining Essence by buying a Mystery Champ Shard and disenchanting it are almost 75%. Add to that the fact that every now and then, you get a little extra bonus Blue Essence when you buy a Mystery Champion Shard, and you could surely make a net profit in the long run by investing all your IP in Mystery Champion Shards.

Thank you for your time.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What's the TL;DR on the IP/Blue Essence changes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived