Aaand it's over.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Aaand it's over.

User Info: TheGuiltySpark

TheGuiltySpark
1 month ago#1
So, Worlds 2017 has come and gone, and as I expected no one made it to the semis.

My thoughts:

TSM should have done way better. Their group was not even the most difficult and they still couldn't pull it out.
FNC was a disappointment from the start, they are nowhere near the FNatic of 2015 and should feel bad.
MSF was a surprise. Definitely did not expect them to beat SKT, but when it got down to game 5 I held out a small measure of hope they'd be the giant killers with the biggest upset in League history. Nope.
IMT looked promising initially in groups - then proceeded to lose 4 game straight. They shouldn't even bother coming back next year.
C9 made it to the QF and choked, which is not surprising at all. With arguably their best roster in years, I'm not sure what else can be done to get them further than that - maybe this is just their peak? I'll give them credit for trying to break through, but that glass ceiling has to be over 9 inches thick.

Welp, that's it for this season. See you guys next year, for another disappointing edition of "League of Koreans World Championship"!

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#2
TheGuiltySpark posted...
So, Worlds 2017 has come and gone, and as I expected no one made it to the semis.

Did all the teams get lost or something?
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
1 month ago#3
TheGuiltySpark posted...
Welp, that's it for this season. See you guys next year, for another disappointing edition of "League of Koreans World Championship"!

Team WE and RNG are both Chinese, so not sure where you're getting this "Koreans only" garbage from...
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
1 month ago#4
Ice cold killa

TC telling it like it is, I can respect that.
(message deleted)

User Info: SilverNeroBlast

SilverNeroBlast
1 month ago#6
Well I will admit NA did better than I thought they would, nice job guys. You all deserve a pat on the back. On that note, time to disappear again until next Worlds, because at this point there's no reason for me to watch League. I only come to see if people live up to the promises to their fans of better times to come, only for the same result each year.
If you read this after a post I made and are offended.I was probably trolling.

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 month ago#7
kkeevv posted...
TheGuiltySpark posted...

Team WE and RNG are both Chinese, so not sure where you're getting this "Koreans only" garbage from...

From the fact that both RNG and WE are gonna lose in the semis, I guess.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.
(message deleted)

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#9
You need a full paragraph s***ting on TSM or nobody is taking you serious.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
1 month ago#10
TSM=trash, hillariously embarassing preformance. Needs to bury themselves half a meter below the ground, too bad they still have way too many fanboys.
FNC=About as expected or bit above, which means pretty mediocre. Didn't think they'd be better than IMT, they were, i'll give them that. Didn't look impressive in quarters, mid and jungle are mediocre.
MSF=Humiliated TSM, preformed better against SKT than any western team in many years. Pity they didnt clench 1st seed in groups as they'd probably made it to semis that way. Very solid individual players and amazing strategy.
G2=Idk why TC forgot them. Preformed decently well. Took a game off RNG and were close to taking another. Awful draft in last deciding game. Pity they didn't advance but their group was extremely hard, any other group would be doable.
IMT=Lul. Started off pretty strong, completely broke down in second week. Didn't look quite as dead as TSM gameplay wise but they s*** the bed.
C9=Preformed pretty well for a 3rd seed i suppose. Clenched out of group on the back of EDG's week 1 tilt and SKT. Took WE to 5 games which is commendable. Only NA team which didn't utterly embarras themselves, but nothing amazing.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Aaand it's over.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived