any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
3 weeks ago#1
So i got a good friend in league, he's a high gold/low plat kat main (yeah i know kat's broken rn, but he mained her for a good time by now) and plays mainly assassins. He basically only plays midlane, he plays toplane from time to time, but he's bad. He plays fiora and riven, his fiora is bad (he fed a d5 onhit twisted fate top), he loses every custom 1v1 vs me (i'm p2) in any top lane matchup, and his riven is atrocious: he can't fast q, and he's not a good top laner, he doesn't know how to abuse her kit to take good trades.

He also insists on building full lethality, with electrocute, every game, cuz you know, she's the best assassin that way. He just got spanked by a gold darius as his meme-tier riven, and now he's mad at me for claiming darius is weak. This is after he got spanked as darius vs a garen other day ago, a matchup darius should always win. He thinks his riven is not that bad, when she is: plain and simple, if you don't know how to fast q on riven, you're playing a bad champion. You can't outduel bruisers, especially with that meme burst focused assassin setup. How do i get to him that his riven is garbage, and that darius is weak, without offending the hell out of him, and convincing him i'm the right and he's a bad player who should just accept that what a better player says is the truth? Anyone ever had a situation remotely similar to this?

User Info: MachDragon

MachDragon
3 weeks ago#2
tell him to disregard choices, aqua swan
https://i.imgur.com/J2L0u2B.jpg

User Info: MarryMeLebIanc

MarryMeLebIanc
3 weeks ago#3
Sounds like a classic case of a boosted friend who’s convinced he’s actually good because of his border. I have a friend who got boosted to masters back in season 5 and he’s been hard stuck in plat all of season 6 and 7 and he gets super pissed when I jokingly say he’s boosted but now I actually think he is.

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
3 weeks ago#4
Buttblast his darius with riven then the other way around.

User Info: Doulou

Doulou
3 weeks ago#5
Typically speaking most my friends are self-aware to know when they are playing well and that they are bad on their off-roles.

Sometimes I say "Can we all play our mains so we can get a win?"

But really, your mate sounds kinda ignorant. That would annoy the hell out of me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXbHOONFEprHi7LZqEaUPyA Jax Smurf Commentary

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
3 weeks ago#6
want me to crap on him so you can show him a silver player can even beat his riven?
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
3 weeks ago#7
Just the way you wrote out this post I assume your approach in talking to him is kind of douchey.

Which is never going to get you anywhere. I wouldn't listen to what you had to say either if you talked the way you do in that post.

If you don't know how to give advice to your friends without offending them I think you have bigger problems than League of Legends.
I actually prefer the purple stuff

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
3 weeks ago#8
Post some of his gameplay so he can get incinerated on the internet, then link him this topic when it gets big enough.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
3 weeks ago#9
Gainazzo posted...
Buttblast his darius with riven then the other way around.

Haha i ought to do that actually yeah. Thanks

But really, your mate sounds kinda ignorant. That would annoy the hell out of me.

Really freaking annoying lmao. He's a good guy and fun to talk to but man i wish he was better at the game and not go ahead and say my main who's never been more in the dumpster than he is now, is "stupid" cuz he can't beat him with his meme riven (he can't beat basically anyone silver except the matchups riven stomps.)

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
3 weeks ago#10
tell him downloading this game is the biggest mistake of his life
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. any advice for a situation with a bad (player) friend

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived