Past the point of average competency, is playtime correlated strongly to skill?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Past the point of average competency, is playtime correlated strongly to skill?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
3 weeks ago#11
Locke and I started at around the same time and MiniPwnage started before us, they both play more than me (by a lot), Locke's two tiers above me but MiniPwnage is at the same level as me, so there you go.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
3 weeks ago#12
It all depends if you're actually playing to improve or not. You will 100% get good at the game if you actually try. There's no point in blaming anyone for just playing for fun unless they're the delusional flaming type.

User Info: SirFeed

SirFeed
3 weeks ago#13
only if you actively play every game with improvement in mind and look at each game objectively. if you play a game and lose and refuse to admit any fault in the loss and keep making the same mistakes over and over again; the number of games played will mean nothing.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
Hardstuck diamond player. ID Oce: Noob (D2) NA: Sir Feed (D4)

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
3 weeks ago#14
change in game mechanics and unbalanced patch also delude the notion as well.
Hell even pros made a huge rant about riot doing massive patches and f***ing over all the practice and recruiting they have done
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: audriuska12

audriuska12
3 weeks ago#15
Just saying, most people I see in lists of 1M+ mastery points on a champion or with thousands of ranked games played are either Silver and below or Diamond or higher - rarely Gold/Plat. So... I suppose the closest answer is that after enough games, you won't be an average player - whether that's in a good way or bad is probably a question of natural talent.
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
Don't know, don't care.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Past the point of average competency, is playtime correlated strongly to skill?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived