POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#1
Would this be a better system? - Results (74 votes)
Sounds vastly better
20.27% (15 votes)
It's a little better
16.22% (12 votes)
Meh it's okay, not a big deal
4.05% (3 votes)
Sounds somewhat worse
14.86% (11 votes)
Sounds awful, definitely prefer the current system
39.19% (29 votes)
Other
5.41% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
(80/80)

Basically a new system that modified your LP gains and losses based off of how you did personally

So if you did well (wards, CS, KDA, gold, level at the end/EXP, etc.) You get extra lp on a win and a significant reduction in LP lost if you lose. Because it's not your fault if you get mid inhib at 15 mins but your team still manages to throw

But if you did terribly (4/11/3 with 100 CS at 30 minutes and 0 wards placed, 2 levels behind the rest of your team with half the average gold) then you gain a huge increase in LP lost on loss and a huge reduction in LP gain on a win. Because why should you be rewarded for getting carried?

Assume that the system takes into account numerous variables to fairly and properly determine if you performed well so you don't get less LP for playing support or some s***.

Also junglers should get a slightly larger boost and a slightly smaller reduction than other roles since it's objectively by far the hardest to play well most of the time
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: imnot12

imnot12
3 weeks ago#2
No one would support.
No one would play like a team and rank goes into full "im going to split push" mode so everyone can up their scores.

The only way this game could work with this system it would need to be a free for all not a team game

User Info: audriuska12

audriuska12
3 weeks ago#3
Considering how f***ing schizophrenic the grading system seems at times, no thanks.
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
Don't know, don't care.

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
3 weeks ago#4
People would just be farming stats and one tricks would be advantaged by the system. Overwatch tried a system like this and it's not working right now.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
3 weeks ago#5
The 11-2 guy on a losing team decides to power farm and protect his KDA instead of trying to help his team turn the game around.

That would be awful.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: MachDragon

MachDragon
3 weeks ago#6
if my rank was determined solely by my skill how would i blame my team for keeping me in bronze?
https://i.imgur.com/J2L0u2B.jpg

User Info: KRDsonic

KRDsonic
3 weeks ago#7
This would be a terrible idea. No reward for teamplay. People would play only to protect their scores. No one would play engage champions because your performance on them is determined by whether or not your team follows up. Less people would play adc because of how much your score would be impacted by your support. If they start stealing your cs and wind up feeding, there's literally nothing you can do about it and the system will say that you did poorly. Not to mention it would just encourage players to pick champions in roles they don't belong in to pad their scores.
Sona hotfix: Breasts made smaller to better represent her new aerodynamics. - Enclosure

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
3 weeks ago#8
No because it's not easy nor reliable to determine how well an individual player did based on stats, considering all actions. Winning and losing is the best objective measure of skill, as bad as it is, because this way, measuring rank based on say KDA doesnt force you to sacrifice rank (by maybe dying as a tank) to win.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: EonmasterX_Jwin

EonmasterX_Jwin
3 weeks ago#9
As people said already. If some thing can be abused or exploited, people will find a way to do it. You either win as a team or lose as a team. That is best.
Jesus (of the bible) is God in the flesh who actually died and rose from the dead to prove He is who is said He was.
Flawless...

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#10
imnot12 posted...
No one would support.

Wards and assists though, the system shouls take into account if you're playing support/building support/playing a support champ

imnot12 posted...
No one would play like a team and rank goes into full "im going to split push" mode so everyone can up their scores

But split pushing by yourself isn't always great for your score, otherwise people would win more often by doing it now.
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived