POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

User Info: kkeevv

kkeevv
3 weeks ago#21
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21179036/introducing-performance-based-matchmaking-11-17-2017
twitch.tv/Tsarius1
LoL IGN: Tsarius B.Net: Tsarius#1758

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#22
kkeevv posted...
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21179036/introducing-performance-based-matchmaking-11-17-2017

Sounds like a dream
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: Exterminateer

Exterminateer
3 weeks ago#23
If there was a proper way to implement this yes.

but there isnt
Let me see those pearls
grrr

User Info: Zans_

Zans_
3 weeks ago#24
thedarklordx3 posted...
I'm just surprised that almost everyone in this topic enjoys having to carry bads or else they get demoted so much

Usually people who say s*** like this are the bads anyways. So I don't get where this notion comes from. Current system grades you on how much you can impact your game and carry. If you can only hold your own, I don't see why you should move it. You better be able to carry to your division
LoL: Zans, Abandon All Hope, Peaches FTW

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
3 weeks ago#25
Current system works so that you will win most of your games if you're actively carrying your team to victory through smart play in every single match.

What your system does is appease the Yasuo/Riven babies who will stomp lane and then get majorly f***ed in late game teamfights because they did nothing to push their advantage to other lanes and instead preferred to kill the 0/8 Nunu Top over and over again.

Horrible idea.
"Anything that comes out of Annie that you try and spread on toast just gets you arrested"
PSN: LightningLoops - LoL(LAN): Scaler

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
3 weeks ago#26
thedarklordx3 posted...
Skystrike70 posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...
But split pushing by yourself isn't always great for your score, otherwise people would win more often by doing it now.

it's great for your score. just not great for winning games except in a few circumstances.

If your opponents stick together it's bad for your score because it opens you up to two man ganks out of the jungle

no, you GREAT gold gain and tower damage if they stay and group, and kills if they send 1 guy to 1v1 you.

thedarklordx3 posted...
I'm just surprised that almost everyone in this topic enjoys having to carry bads or else they get demoted so much

We just think wins and losses are the least technically difficult things to measure.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#27
scaler24 posted...
What your system does is appease the Yasuo/Riven babies who will stomp lane and then get majorly f***ed in late game teamfights because they did nothing to push their advantage to other lanes and instead preferred to kill the 0/8 Nunu Top over and over again.

That 0/8 nunu will be useless to his team and that 8/0 yasuo will easily carry
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
3 weeks ago#28
I don't have a favorite team and also have no clue how to go about choosing one.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
3 weeks ago#29
kkeevv posted...

Interesting.

Sounds like they have a lot of faith in it, and I trust it will work.

Question is do you think it would work the same in League? HotS is way more team oriented.

Since no one really takes Flex queue serious I think they should experiment with this s*** in Flex and see if they can create a new ranking measure.
I actually prefer the purple stuff

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
3 weeks ago#30
thedarklordx3 posted...
That 0/8 nunu will be useless to his team and that 8/0 yasuo will easily carry

You would think so, but that's not what happens most of the time in low ELO. More often than not, the Yasuo will get cocky, try to 1v5 and lose his team the game because his Bronze brain doesn't understand that he's still squishy af and easily shut down by hard CC.
"Anything that comes out of Annie that you try and spread on toast just gets you arrested"
PSN: LightningLoops - LoL(LAN): Scaler
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. POLL: Would it be better if players were ranked based on individual performance?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived