Empirical evidence emerging of IQ and skill at LoL being co-related? (!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Empirical evidence emerging of IQ and skill at LoL being co-related? (!)

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
2 weeks ago#11
iq is not the same thing as learning to adjust to the meta over time, nor is it the same thing as dedication to the game.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: Knight_Of_Order

Knight_Of_Order
2 weeks ago#12
To be fair, you have to have very high IQ to play League...
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu

User Info: 8420

2 weeks ago#13
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand League of Legends. The honor system is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of map awareness most of the ganks will go over a typical player's head. There’s also Riot’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their balancing - this personal philosophy draws heavily from rotational balancing, for instance. The high elo players S4 and up hehe xd understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these metas, to realise that they’re not just frustrating - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who like League of Legends truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Phreak’s existential catchphrase “Tons of Damage™,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Riot's unwillingness to keep the game balanced.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Lamb and Wolf tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 League Points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: EcchiBaka

EcchiBaka
2 weeks ago#14
Please don't post that to me or my wife's son ever again.
"Does this make me royalty?" - Tristana
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=LulusLewdLover
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Empirical evidence emerging of IQ and skill at LoL being co-related? (!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived