Has ranged taken over top lane?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has ranged taken over top lane?

User Info: NEOhawk-Curse

NEOhawk-Curse
1 month ago#1
Lately seems like 75% of the time I'm against some cheesy top pick like Quinn, Teemo, Gnar, Jayce, Vayne, etc. It's usually fine since I outscale, but Jesus ... makes the game so miserable, at least for laning.

Anyone else notice the surge in ranged tops, or is it just bad luck for me?
My godsend chemical best friend skeleton whispering in my ear

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#2
I think it's more that bruisers have vacated top.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: Kraypo

Kraypo
1 month ago#3
I've noticed it. I play a lot of Illaoi and Yorick lately so I just don't care though

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#4
i mean ranged tops have been a thing for years so not sure what the surprise is. is it happening more now? maybe..but still yorick/random tank/riven/yasuo every game too so...
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
1 month ago#5
phase rush says hello

User Info: NEOhawk-Curse

NEOhawk-Curse
1 month ago#6
CrowsB4Hoes posted...
i mean ranged tops have been a thing for years so not sure what the surprise is. is it happening more now? maybe..but still yorick/random tank/riven/yasuo every game too so...

I actually long for the days of seeing Riven and Yasuo every other game.
My godsend chemical best friend skeleton whispering in my ear

User Info: Ya_dun_goofed

Ya_dun_goofed
1 month ago#7
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
I think it's more that bruisers have vacated League.

CrowsB4Hoes posted...

I think ranged champs just fill in where Bruisers/fighters used to be used. Riven and Yasuo have infinite mobility so you can't really put them in the same group as Jax/Nasus/Darius.
"the ABSOLUTE LAST THING ANY adc needs right now is a nerf." - Crows

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
1 month ago#8
Ya_dun_goofed posted...
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
I think it's more that bruisers have vacated League.

CrowsB4Hoes posted...

I think ranged champs just fill in where Bruisers/fighters used to be used. Riven and Yasuo have infinite mobility so you can't really put them in the same group as Jax/Nasus/Darius.

i forgot about jax. yea he's spammed a bit too. and nasus sees some play. rumble too if we're calling him melee
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
1 month ago#9
Yes. Riot doesnt have any real guaruntee of melee vs melee matchups anywhere because of the trend to take ranged crap top (since melees get crapped on so easy and games are shorter so lane phase matters more).

Make Top Lane Great Again, build a wall between bot lane and top! Deport the mages and adcs!
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: Absol_Addict

Absol_Addict
1 month ago#10
Skystrike70 posted...
Yes. Riot doesnt have any real guaruntee of melee vs melee matchups anywhere because of the trend to take ranged crap top (since melees get crapped on so easy and games are shorter so lane phase matters more).

Make Top Lane Great Again, build a wall between bot lane and top! Deport the mages and adcs!

Makes perfect sense. You have my vote. +1
IGN: SMTRY Malice. | NNID: AbsolAddict
http://tinyurl.com/DevourerNunu
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has ranged taken over top lane?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived