Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

User Info: ImTryingPlsHelp

ImTryingPlsHelp
1 month ago#1
She has a lot of mobility and does a lot of damage, her shield can tank a turret shot easily so even under tower she can harass me. Am I supposed to bait out her triple Q? Or is the shield the real issue? I play a variety of champs and outside of banning her I'd like to find some way to do well. Seems like she goes full damage and no real defensive items the majority of the time so perhaps picking someone who does even more damage than her?

User Info: SergeantGander

SergeantGander
1 month ago#2
After she uses her cooldowns on minions, or to try and gapclose and fails.
LoL IGN: MsRaffensperger

User Info: breakfastramen

breakfastramen
1 month ago#3
You have approximately 2.5 seconds in which to start a trade between her cooldowns. If you take slightly too long, you die.
GT: Gus Plus

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
1 month ago#4
play a manly champ, trade into her, hit her as long as you can if she's just poking you. keep at solid distance from her and be reactive. depends on who you're playing, there are champs who can beat her in lane. alternatively play a tank, play passively, then stack armor and take no damage from her as you proceed to be more useful in teamfights with 0 brain output.

SergeantGander posted...

rivens who have a clue wont really do this.

User Info: YorickvsRiven

YorickvsRiven
1 month ago#5
SergeantGander posted...

Riven has no cooldowns what are you talking about

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 month ago#6
Naut does decently enough into her because you can score multiple hits on your E when she tries to break away from the trade. As twfanatic said though, you'll mostly be playing passively/reactionary. The good news is that playing as Naut makes her particularly susceptible to ganks thanks to his passive and Q.

User Info: breakfastramen

breakfastramen
1 month ago#7
twfanatic posted...
trade into her,

twfanatic posted...
hit her as long as you can if she's just poking you

twfanatic posted...
keep at solid distance from her

wat
GT: Gus Plus

User Info: TLP_Lulu

TLP_Lulu
1 month ago#8
I generally play Heimerdinger top lane and she's one of the easier matchups for him. Set up your turrets, stun her as she dashes in and walk away.

I also play Poppy a lot and she can easily neutralize her all-in if you W her Q. After that you just hammer the ground and then hammer her face. Bonus points if you can set her up for a wall stun. Be careful of her stun though and know when to walk away.

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
1 month ago#9
breakfastramen posted...
twfanatic posted...
trade into her,

twfanatic posted...
hit her as long as you can if she's just poking you

twfanatic posted...
keep at solid distance from her

wat

i assumed people reading this have basic knowledge of the game

what i said means to trade into her when she trades at you and play back in general sense

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
1 month ago#10
Ok I've set up a Riven "smurf" so I play her a ton. With the new runes and masteries she can only get 5% CDR at the start of the game and a lot of Riven players don't even get that. So her cooldowns are actually really long compared to last season where 10% CDR runes were mandatory. If she wastes her E going in on you then you can trade back. If she used 2 Q's trying to gapclose you'll do more damage to her than her to you. Also if she does use all of her Q's trading and you have a gapcloser or something like Darius's pull then trade back after she tries to E away. Riven wants short trades and can't really all in anybody until level 6 unless she already poked them down a ton.

For example, say I'm Riven and I'm smart enough to not use Q to gapclose but I'm against Skystrikes Tryndamere. I would walk up to him, quick combo with my Q's, W, and E away. A lesser player might just back away because they took a lot of damage but skystrike knows that my abilities are all on cooldown for at LEAST 6 seconds (probably 9 for most of them) and he spins into me using his slow as well. At this point all I can do is auto back and he outtrades me easily since my damage comes from abilities and empowered autos.

To whoever said pick a tank you are dead wrong. After first back she probably can't trade very well with you anymore but when I play her I get vampiric scepter so I can heal back up if I do trade and then rush black cleaver. After Riven builds black cleaver and MAYBE has to build deaths dance she can easily kill any tank, will splitpush, and kill your whole backline in a flank making her more useful than you. Remember kids, Riven scales harder than you do.

TL;DR Riven had longer cooldowns than last season and loses a lot of long trades if you can force them.
GT: WiestdaBeast
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived