Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

User Info: TheSaintG

TheSaintG
4 weeks ago#31
profzX posted...
Phase rush isnt even in her top 5 most used keystones

just because it isnt in her top doesnt mean it isnt viable.
stormraiders was a big thing on riven before. phase rush just makes it so she can do those quick trades on tankier champs too
Deathnote is better than Deathnote

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#32
Does Garen actually do well into her? Got autofilled top and my team recommended him against her to me. (Went Urgot and won instead because our jungler was phenomenal.)
A battle between Goku and any Yugioh protagonist ends in an infinite plot armor loop.

User Info: Loui5planks

Loui5planks
4 weeks ago#33
TC what elo are you?

General advice would be to not give her first blood, it sounds like a lot of the damage you getting from the trades is because she got a lead.

I think Orn destroys her tbh. Just W when you suspect shes gonna CC you. Most Rivens go all in and if you W her 3rd Q plush her W shes gonna take damage.
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 | Core i7-6700k | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 FE | NZXT. S340 Razer Edition

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70
4 weeks ago#34
ImTryingPlsHelp posted...
twfanatic posted...
play a manly champ, trade into her, hit her as long as you can if she's just poking you. keep at solid distance from her and be reactive. depends on who you're playing, there are champs who can beat her in lane. alternatively play a tank, play passively, then stack armor and take no damage from her as you proceed to be more useful in teamfights with 0 brain output.

Besides tanks who can beat her in lane? I've tried Kennen but I'm dead if she ever gets on me, though I guess that applies to all ranged vs melee matchups lol

i think with the changes, Trynd beats her easier. He always won lane before level 3 but now I think u less riven is an extremely good player, tryn wins all day.
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
4 weeks ago#35
twfanatic posted...
play a manly champ, trade into her, hit her as long as you can if she's just poking you. keep at solid distance from her and be reactive. depends on who you're playing, there are champs who can beat her in lane. alternatively play a tank, play passively, then stack armor and take no damage from her as you proceed to be more useful in teamfights with 0 brain output.

Besides tanks who can beat her in lane? I've tried Kennen but I'm dead if she ever gets on me, though I guess that applies to all ranged vs melee matchups lol

Tanks cant really beat riven in lane but they can contain her. Kennen i always heard is one of the worst riven matchups so it sounds like you're just misplaying. You can be a dick and play pantheon if you're struggling that much, i'd recommend. Play whatever youre comfortable with as long as it isnt too bad into riven and learn nuances of matchup of that particular champ into her.

BurritoGod posted...

To whoever said pick a tank you are dead wrong. After first back she probably can't trade very well with you anymore but when I play her I get vampiric scepter so I can heal back up if I do trade and then rush black cleaver. After Riven builds black cleaver and MAYBE has to build deaths dance she can easily kill any tank, will splitpush, and kill your whole backline in a flank making her more useful than you. Remember kids, Riven scales harder than you do.

lmao. why would a tank duel riven? any tank can waveclear and stall her, and have his jungler come over to kill riven if situation allows it. riven might outimpact a tank late if she's good but it's anything but granted since it's just easier to shut riven down in teamfights. you dont pick tanks to beat riven, you pick them to survive and do your own thing. as long as you dont try to duel her which few champions can at all anyway. you smurfing in silver/bronze as a gold tier player or w/e isnt illustrative of every game lol

User Info: ImTryingPlsHelp

ImTryingPlsHelp
4 weeks ago#36
Loui5planks posted...
TC what elo are you?

General advice would be to not give her first blood, it sounds like a lot of the damage you getting from the trades is because she got a lead.

I think Orn destroys her tbh. Just W when you suspect shes gonna CC you. Most Rivens go all in and if you W her 3rd Q plush her W shes gonna take damage.

I'm mid Silver

And I'm not saying these Rivens are gods or playing insanely because obviously everyone in Silver including myself is trash, but if I pick Kennen, Rumble, Ilaoi, or even a tank like Ornn, I can push her in just fine but even if I extend past half way topside then either she jumps on me and I seem to have no escape or the inevitable jungle gank happens. The only success I've had is just picking a superior waveclear champ and simply keeping her shoved to her own tower.

User Info: ImTryingPlsHelp

ImTryingPlsHelp
4 weeks ago#37
twfanatic posted...
Tanks cant really beat riven in lane but they can contain her. Kennen i always heard is one of the worst riven matchups so it sounds like you're just misplaying. You can be a dick and play pantheon if you're struggling that much, i'd recommend. Play whatever youre comfortable with as long as it isnt too bad into riven and learn nuances of matchup of that particular champ into her.

Oh, I'm sure that's it. Though tbh I tend to like AD Kennen as its more enjoyable I don't know if it makes a difference. I can stun her if she jumps on me but after that seems like she still has enough mobility to stay with me while I try to run away.

User Info: twfanatic

twfanatic
4 weeks ago#38
Sounds like you didnt keep the initial distance high enough between you and her. Someone should probably review your games and point out particular mistakes in trading. If you're on your own just watch a good player play your champion and identify how do they deal with situations you find problematic

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
4 weeks ago#39
generalguy64 posted...
Does Garen actually do well into her? Got autofilled top and my team recommended him against her to me. (Went Urgot and won instead because our jungler was phenomenal.)

He's usually my go-to against her, but new runes help her more than him, making it more of a skill matchup than it used to be. It really pretty dependent on getting your W and E up before she hits with W or Q3 on any initiate. Never use skills on minions in this matchup, not even to secure cannon minions. Rush at least Chain Vest and/or Tabi, if not all of Sunfire against her. A skilled Riven can still give you issues

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
4 weeks ago#40
twfanatic posted...
twfanatic posted...

BurritoGod posted...

To whoever said pick a tank you are dead wrong. After first back she probably can't trade very well with you anymore but when I play her I get vampiric scepter so I can heal back up if I do trade and then rush black cleaver. After Riven builds black cleaver and MAYBE has to build deaths dance she can easily kill any tank, will splitpush, and kill your whole backline in a flank making her more useful than you. Remember kids, Riven scales harder than you do.

lmao. why would a tank duel riven? any tank can waveclear and stall her, and have his jungler come over to kill riven if situation allows it. riven might outimpact a tank late if she's good but it's anything but granted since it's just easier to shut riven down in teamfights. you dont pick tanks to beat riven, you pick them to survive and do your own thing. as long as you dont try to duel her which few champions can at all anyway. you smurfing in silver/bronze as a gold tier player or w/e isnt illustrative of every game lol

Right. A tank does stall her but she'll still be CSing for free and be a huge problem later. Either split push or flank and she has more impact than a singular teamfighting tank. You have to pick someone "manly" as you said and beat her down so she never gets to that level.

TC Silver Rivens make all kinds of mistakes and will probably gapclose with Q and/or E
GT: WiestdaBeast
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Not a complaint topic but when do I trade with Riven?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived