Is it critical to play Uncharted 1 first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  3. Is it critical to play Uncharted 1 first?

User Info: takashilcw

takashilcw
4 years ago#1
My friend gave me a copy of Uncharted 2.
I've not play any games in Uncharted series before.
Is it critical to start playing from Uncharted 1?
If I play Uncharted 2 now, then when I play Uncharted 1, will it be less enjoyable?

Thanks for reply in advance! : )

User Info: joaquintall

joaquintall
4 years ago#2
It is not critical to play Uncharted 1 first. However, there are things about #2 that will make you hate #1 if you were to play #2 first.

- #2 is a better game

- There are a few sequences that occur in #2 that won't have as much impact if you play #2 first.

- Drake's arsenal of moves improves in #2, thus making #1's arsenal of moves somewhat lacking.

- There are some EPIC moments in #2 that will make #1 seem lackluster in comparison.

User Info: takashilcw

takashilcw
4 years ago#3
joaquintall posted...
It is not critical to play Uncharted 1 first. However, there are things about #2 that will make you hate #1 if you were to play #2 first.

- #2 is a better game

- There are a few sequences that occur in #2 that won't have as much impact if you play #2 first.

- Drake's arsenal of moves improves in #2, thus making #1's arsenal of moves somewhat lacking.

- There are some EPIC moments in #2 that will make #1 seem lackluster in comparison.

Why I asked is because I played killzone 2 & 3 and I feel it doesn't matter which one I played first, the story is not really interesting.

But for Uncharted series I heard the story is good too, so after reading your advice, I will go get a copy of Uncharted 1 and start with that first. I am more for the story than gaming : )

Thanks for the advice!

User Info: Psycko101

Psycko101
4 years ago#4
Uncharted 1 is pretty cheap in the psn,irc.I just would advise to play it to get familiarized with the characters.Uncharted 2 is better all around,imo.

Edit:With psn plus u can play Uncharted 3 for free.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson

User Info: DarkD3stiny

DarkD3stiny
4 years ago#5
No but I would advise playing uncharted 1 first.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/66535556

User Info: zeonfollower

zeonfollower
4 years ago#6
Not in my experience. I played Uncharted 2 first then I play Uncharted 1 thereafter.
Do not disturb! I'm in the middle of something here!
  1. Boards
  2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  3. Is it critical to play Uncharted 1 first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived