What gamepad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Renzokukenexe

Renzokukenexe
8 years ago#1
Ok, I'm getting DJ Max Trilogy delivered from play-asia some time within the next couple of days. And I was planning on using either my psp, or ps3 pad as the controller for it so I don't have to learn an entirely new button layout. Turns out neither of these will work because my computer is running Windows vista ultimate x64.

I don't want to downgrade to a x86 operating system because i have 4gb of RAM and it won't be supported. So, could anyone recommend a good PC controller that has a similar feel, and button layout to a playstation controller, I'm particularly looking for the individual D-pad buttons (rather than the plastic circle type affair cheap pads seem to have).

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

-Renzo.

User Info: ltce11is

ltce11is
8 years ago#2
It would be quite hard to play with a gamepad given the notecharts.

User Info: garudamon

garudamon
8 years ago#3
I have seen the NB Girls 6B video and your fingers will bleed at the end of that song because there are enough left + right and circle + square combos.

User Info: Mushushu

Mushushu
8 years ago#4
It will be impossible to play any charts higher than 4Key since they are structured to work with the keyboard, and not a PS2/PSP gamepad.

How do you expect to hit Left and Right notes at the same time?

User Info: silent_venus

silent_venus
8 years ago#5
lols...i just tried some o2mania songs with my psp...and it sucked...
DJ Dragonix: The DJ MAX-Clazziquai & BlackSquare

User Info: typs_lik_dis

typs_lik_dis
8 years ago#6
You will not be able to play anything but the easiest songs with a game pad. Why would you want to, anyway? A keyboard is a far better controller than any pad for games like this. More accurate, more simultaneous notes, more precise control (auuugh whiteblue 6B MX one-thumbed hold+taps are killer), longer finger endurance, etc. There is simply no reason to prefer a gamepad for this sort of game.
Proud poster in the Famous 500 2009, #59, 111, 271, and 307.
I'm considering making a topic bi-anally to keep track of trends. -themerchant8

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived