How to manually change resolution?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Shift
  3. How to manually change resolution?

User Info: Metalballer90

Metalballer90
7 years ago#1
I kind of got cocky and raised my resolution and AA way too high, and now when i try to start the game it gets stuck at loading profile elements because of the huge frame rate issue now. How do i manually change the graphics without launching the game?

Thanks.
Dell XPS M1530 - 15.4" wide screen laptop - Full HD LCD 1920 x 1200 screen
Core 2 T8300 2.4GHz|4gb DDR2 667MHz|8600M GT 256MB GDDR3|320gb hd 5400 rpm

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
7 years ago#2
Go to this folder on your computer:
<yourusername>\Documents\NFS SHIFT

There you will find a "graphicsconfig.xml" file. You can either try to edit it and see if it fixes the problem, or delete it all together (Make a backup before you edit/delete it to be safe), and that would reset all your settings.
RePC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
PSP-1001 (+.[5.0M33-6]-:-), PS2s: 50K Fat (V9) Modded+500GB HDD/70K Slim(V12).

User Info: primeboss

primeboss
7 years ago#3
Get a better computer that can actually run the game. :)
PSN: PrimeHero, Steam: Labeatrrahmani
Follow me at: twitter.com/primboss

User Info: sisqo_in_brum

sisqo_in_brum
7 years ago#4

thats a stupid reply. sytems requirements says it more than meets the minimum by havin maximum bar. i have the same card and i have ran it at max resolution with 8x aa (1880x1050) full detail. low frames but it ran. i dont no what to suggest to the original post cos i have a loaded version. i have to load my game from the folder the game .exe is to load it. if i do a short cut and load it goes black. also its the shadows thats the problem for me. if u go low thn it crashes. maybe it does on high too. leave it on medium.

User Info: sisqo_in_brum

sisqo_in_brum
7 years ago#5

thats a stupid reply. sytems requirements says it more than meets the minimum by havin maximum bar. i have the same card and i have ran it at max resolution with 8x aa (1680x1050) full detail. low frames but it ran. i dont no what to suggest to the original post cos i have a loaded version. i have to load my game from the folder the game .exe is to load it. if i do a short cut and load it goes black. also its the shadows thats the problem for me. if u go low thn it crashes. maybe it does on high too. leave it on medium.

User Info: jimbonater

jimbonater
7 years ago#6
Ironically if I lower my shadow detail below high the game crashes after about 30 seconds into the race. If I set shadows to high it runs fine which ticks me off since I'm pretty sure the shadow setting effects CPU load. I haven't found settings that really change the frame rate at all I can max everything with 8XAA/16AF and it runs the same as with them off. So its eye candy all the way for me.

This is for a 512MB HD 4770
Game Cube 1.5 will fail -CrimeCraft
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Shift
  3. How to manually change resolution?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived