Why is the computer (AI) allowed works modified tier 4 cars (supercars)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Shift
  3. Why is the computer (AI) allowed works modified tier 4 cars (supercars)?

User Info: badkarma77

badkarma77
7 years ago#1

I've tried modifying all of the tier 4 cars but all I can change are the visual looks of the car. When I try to upgrade the car it says "there are no upgrades available for this car."

But, when I race any of the Tier 4 "Works Restricted" races I see plenty of Tier 4 Works upgraded cars being driven by the AI. Especially the Pagani Zonda F. While I'm stuck with a Tier 3 Works upgraded car.

Is there no way for us (the players) to be able to have upgraded Tier 4 Super Cars?

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
7 years ago#2
No clue if there's anyway to get it for the player (Via mods/tweaks, or otherwise), but the AI is more than known to Cheat on many occasions.

Rather it be using modified Tier-4 cars, or just in general using vehicles that are outside the restrictions for any race (Ie, using Tier-3/4 cars in a Tier-2 restricted race). Assuming it's not a (major) oversight/flaw in the game design, I can only guess that it's there for a bit of balance to make the AI more challenging in races.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: 2hVy4GrVty

2hVy4GrVty
7 years ago#3
But, when I race any of the Tier 4 "Works Restricted" races I see plenty of Tier 4 Works upgraded cars being driven by the AI. Especially the Pagani Zonda F

That's the Pagani Zonda R. The AI do not have "works" tier 4 cars.
One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of Gargoyles.
- 90's childhood

User Info: Ov3rD0s3

Ov3rD0s3
7 years ago#4

i also saw AI using Nissan Skyline R34 in a drift race- while player can't even buy Skyline for drifting. pretty lame..

1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Shift
  3. Why is the computer (AI) allowed works modified tier 4 cars (supercars)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived