First Person Vs Third in Western Games!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. First Person Vs Third in Western Games!

User Info: pshmit

pshmit
8 years ago#1
Just out of curiosity, do you all think that the first or third person perspective works better for Western games? I personally favor third, if only because RDR and Gun used it and the first person perspective in Call of Juarez 1 and Dead Man's Hand didn't work so well. It just seems like a straight-up FPS doesn't work for this sort of game, and that Rockstar has it right with third person... any opinions?

User Info: King_Jeremy_77

King_Jeremy_77
8 years ago#2

3rd Person seems the best way to go.

User Info: sargentstudda

sargentstudda
8 years ago#3
3rd person all the way, that only good western games were 3rd person. call of Juarez was trash in my opinion
-
Never shall the blood of the innocent be shed, but the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

User Info: HappyHappyJoyJoy

HappyHappyJoyJoy
8 years ago#4
Outlaws, an ancient FPS by Lucasarts, is still the best Western game of all time, much better than either RDR or Gun, which while I enjoyed both, each were fairly flawed in their own ways.
Whatever...

User Info: MrPilgrim

MrPilgrim
8 years ago#5

3rd person is the best. i love watching my character dodge all around the action, its gives it a cool cinematic feel to it. first person is really not that great for western shooters.

sargentstudda
8 years ago#6
outlaws sucked
Never shall the blood of the innocent be shed, but the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

User Info: BlazingxPaddles

BlazingxPaddles
8 years ago#7
3rd person is the way to go.

User Info: HappyHappyJoyJoy

HappyHappyJoyJoy
8 years ago#8

outlaws sucked

No, actually at the time it released it was ****ing amazing.
Whatever...

sargentstudda
8 years ago#9
i disagree, i couldn't enjoy it

User Info: GutzNRage

GutzNRage
8 years ago#10
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. First Person Vs Third in Western Games!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived