How to make money fast in RDR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. How to make money fast in RDR

User Info: TAC_Dropzone

TAC_Dropzone
7 years ago#1
Once you can do West Dickens quests (when you see a W on the map... start his quest line.

Once you get far enough ( not too far in) you open a quest in Armadilo. The quest is a question mark and is behind the movie theatre (old church) in town.

Start the quest and go to Thieves Landing, be sure to have $200 on you. Play Dice to win the deed for the quest.... usually you can only bet $20, but if the quest is active you can bid $200. The dice game is easy, I have not lost yet, and I made 10 grand for me, and 10 grand on my sons game for him.

Do not leave the table and save until you are happy with your winnings. You win $600 per win.

Other good money makers....
Kill cougars and sell the items (claws, fangs, pelt, meat) it ampount to almost $50 per cougar.
Kill bucks, not as good as cougars, but still good.
Kill hawks, $5 per feather.

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
7 years ago#2
What are the best things to spend your money on?

User Info: C ICE

C ICE
7 years ago#3
Interesting. Thanks for the tip, TC.
B |-15--- 14-15-16--15-15--------15---14-15-16--15-15-----------|
G |---------------------------------15-----------------------------------14----|

User Info: Sins-of-Mosin

Sins-of-Mosin
7 years ago#4
Nice tip, I'll keep it in mind.

User Info: yesiamhuman

yesiamhuman
7 years ago#5
thanks for tip! I was seriously expecting this to be filled with spoilers since its a very eye catching topic title..
"So after defiling a woman and shooting a child in the face, you're next concern is healing an injured animal? Something seems wrong here.."
-ozzsoad

User Info: Rossard

Rossard
7 years ago#6
Tagging this. Thanks for the tip, TC.
XBL gamertag : Fjordson
http://www.last.fm/user/LeftCoastRyda/

User Info: TAC_Dropzone

TAC_Dropzone
7 years ago#7
You can buy weapons, maps of areas for fast travel, buildings/rooms, rides via stagecoach, items like apples for horses, bait for hunting. You can also buy horses, but I would not, its expensive, and you can just go catch the fastest horses.

Do Bonnie McFarlanes quest line until you get a laso. Then catch a good horse (pure black, pure white, or the one she lets you keep... it is gold) these are 3 star horses. They sell for $750 to $1500 depending on your fame. Be sure to hitch your horse after you catch it to make the horse your permanent ride.

User Info: dgenerationx08

dgenerationx08
7 years ago#8
I will also be taggin this, Thanks TC good info right here.
If you aint down with that, I got two words for ya...

User Info: GLAMPIRE

GLAMPIRE
7 years ago#9
Very useful for when I get the game here on Friday.

Thanks a lot TC :)
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp

User Info: C ICE

C ICE
7 years ago#10
Feel free to give us any other pointers while you're at it. >_>
B |-15--- 14-15-16--15-15--------15---14-15-16--15-15-----------|
G |---------------------------------15-----------------------------------14----|
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. How to make money fast in RDR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived