Router Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: r3flexx

r3flexx
6 years ago#1
I've been unable to connect to PSN lately and I'm getting a little anxious to play. I need a router that can work with a computer, 2 laptops, an xbox 360 and a ps3 (Not all at the same time). Just an FYI, I have DSL.

My current is a belkin wireless g router 802.11g.

I have been thinking about 2:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000LIFB7S/ref=dp_olp_new_map?ie=UTF8&condition=new
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WRT310N-Wireless-N-Gigabit-Router/dp/B000Z3XXR4

Can you guys help me out? My limit is 100$ if you can suggest a better one. Or, if it is something I can fix, please tell me how.

Thanks!
PSN: l-r3flex-l

User Info: Space_Fox

Space_Fox
6 years ago#2
OMGEZ ITS REFLEX HI!!!
PSN: spacefox00
Platinum FC: 5070 0098 5586

User Info: r3flexx

r3flexx
6 years ago#3
Hi, I need help nao >.>
PSN: l-r3flex-l

User Info: aalderane

aalderane
6 years ago#4
I'd say go with this one Cisco-Linksys-WRT310N. I installed it at a friend's house and it has been running for 2 months without having to reset it and it works great. The range is also very good!

User Info: BLACKOBOBO

BLACKOBOBO
6 years ago#5
The Ps3 doesn't support wireless N routers. You can only use wireless G. I use linksys cisco what ever (The newest wireless G one) You'll need a router with switches to run a wire into your system(s). Don't bother with wireless gaming. I have 2 wireless laptops and my wired ps3 all on the net at the same time with no problem and I'm on 1 meg dsl.

User Info: Morbioso

Morbioso
6 years ago#6
I used to use that router, and it connects to PSN fine, but you need to port forward all the recommended ports. It's also important to know whether you specified a username and password in the WAN settings, or whether your modem offers the router an IP automatically.

If it can be avoided, you want the router to connect using a user/pass, as the modem itself may have its own firewall and gateway.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#7
What makes you think the problem is your router?
Orangewizard knows the exact amount of topics posted about him. - stonecold_50
21-

User Info: aalderane

aalderane
6 years ago#8
Even though the PS3 doesn't support -N-, it will connect anyway since the routers are backward compatible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived