WTF! If a time runs out on a main mission its basicaly screw you?Slight spoilers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. WTF! If a time runs out on a main mission its basicaly screw you?Slight spoilers

User Info: CJTheInvader

CJTheInvader
7 years ago#11

Wait wait. so let me get this straight.

The game didn't have its common routine of Cutscenes galore. And you were told specificly that there were people by the drills.

Did you just expect them to run away? Theres more then one drill.

But no. its the games fault. BAD GAME DESIGN GUIS!

User Info: seb03

seb03
7 years ago#12
Sigh, they tone down the difficulty, go easy on you with time limits, give you three save slots and people still have trouble?
SS FC = 4039 8551 3663

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
7 years ago#13
^^^^ Yeah, sad isn't it? The new age gamers really aren't used to a challenge anymore...I think that's the problem.
The reason the Wii is doing so well is because its like a hooker. Its not the most pretty girl, but its cheap, fun, and has a lot to offer.

User Info: UserJuke

UserJuke
7 years ago#14
lol, im 22. far from new age.
XBL: UserJuke
PSN: UserJuke

User Info: Just_The_Tip

Just_The_Tip
7 years ago#15
Yep, I expect a lot of complaints about this from newcomers to the series. You just have to get used to how this game is designed to be played. You're supposed to play through the game several times. Youre level and skills carry over to a new playthrough.

God I can't wait until midnight Tuesday! :D

User Info: Owned13

Owned13
7 years ago#16
The complaints about the time limit are legitimate, in my opinion. I work 38 hours a week and attend classes 17 hours. That's not even including the time necessary to complete homework! When I buy a game I like to take the time to do everything I can during my first playthrough, knowing that I may never get a chance to complete a second, third, etc..

Not all of us have endless amounts of time to sink into a single game. In my situation, I would personally consider the time limit to be of poor design. Game design is subjective, not objective.
Gamefaqs: Where logic is considered trolling.

User Info: Nick2412

Nick2412
7 years ago#17
Considering each playthrough is just over 6 hours, I dont really think you have room to complain. The game is designed for multiple playthroughs. Just because you dont like how its set up, does not mean its bad game design. Maybe should have done research on the first one. This is done the same way.
Maybe when the door of happiness closes, another opens, but we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

User Info: Emperor_Z

Emperor_Z
7 years ago#18
The game is explicitly designed for multiple playthroughs. That's why your stats carry over between cycles, and why a single cycle is only a few hours long. If you miss something, it doesn't take very long to get back to it.
I have nothing sig-worthy to say, but the post just feels wrong somehow without one.

User Info: TheRealMandrill

TheRealMandrill
7 years ago#19

The complaints about the time limit are legitimate, in my opinion. I work 38 hours a week and attend classes 17 hours. That's not even including the time necessary to complete homework! When I buy a game I like to take the time to do everything I can during my first playthrough, knowing that I may never get a chance to complete a second, third, etc..

Not all of us have endless amounts of time to sink into a single game. In my situation, I would personally consider the time limit to be of poor design. Game design is subjective, not objective.

Why didn't you do more research before buying the game.

Do you expect every game to be short just so you can fit it into your busy schedule?

Doesn't work like that. Some games just aren't designed to be played that way. If you don't like it then don't play it. It doesn't make it bad game design just because you don't like it.
http://www.somosche.com/media/galeria/56/3/9/6/2/n_valencia_los_aficionados-632693.jpg
An official Izual post.

User Info: XPunkedSpartanX

XPunkedSpartanX
7 years ago#20
People had bad time management
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. WTF! If a time runs out on a main mission its basicaly screw you?Slight spoilers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
List of Free Zombrex LocationsJ2DK302/3 12:40PM