Some questions about DR2
- Topic Archived
i have some questions though...
1. After playing Case Zero, it seems that the survivor AI is MUCH better than DR1, although i love DR1, the stupid AI was one of the things that i hated about it, im assuming DR2's is upi to the same standard of CZ?
2) How lenient is the mission time, by that i mean do you have a decent amount of time to do everything in the game e.g. all cases, all survivors or will you be in a rush and know where absolutely everything is if you want to have a chance of doing it?
3) How large is the area compared to DR1?
4) I plan on buying this and Off The Record, i know it adds a free roam mode and frank's story but you can't do any of the cases in that mode can you?
what else does OTR add? weapons? psycho's? area's? did it remove anything?
that's all i can think of for now
After playing through Case Zero and DR1 again iv realised how much i love this series and have no idea why it's taken me so long to figure out i want to play the sequel
1) Yes the AI is amazing, you can literally walk through most of the game and just glance in their direction and they will be fine not even being mobbed by zombies. Its a bit overkill IMHO that they don't get into that much trouble.
2)I would say you have a good chance of doing all the survivors cases in 1 run even on the first playthrough. As long as you are diligent about answering the pages. Only thing is that there are again hidden cases so you do have to know about those to find em.
3)I would say it is a bit larger or at least harder to get from one side to another due to the central area not being as wide. It does seem to take longer even at max level to go around the whole map if that gives you a better indiciation.
4)OTR is basically DR2 but from Frank's perspective. With I believe 3-4 new weapons and 2-3 new psychos. The story is altered a bit because of Frank is the main character but it is ok. Chuck has a cameo in it as well, but takes the place of someone else(won't spoil it).
Honestly OTR is only if you are a diehard Frank fan, I didn't see the point in getting it as the free-roam mode is basically just killing anything however you want from what I've read no real objective to complete.
stawg007 posted...After playing through Case Zero and DR1 again iv realised how much i love this series and have no idea why it's taken me so long to figure out i want to play the sequel
Cool, cheers for the reply man
Yeah, the AI seems to be a bit OP by your description but id rather that than the awful DR1 AI again, sometimes they were pretty smart and sometimes they were absolutely braindead lol
i think i will pick up OTR too, even if it's not for a little while since i do like Frank but il definitely be picking up DR2 soon, anyway thanks again
If either of you need help with a co-op run through, send me a request at GT: Carl Burfurkle. Enjoy the game!
GT: Carl Burfurkle
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
- Topic Archived