Is it possible to buy the extra DLC if you bought the disc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. Is it possible to buy the extra DLC if you bought the disc?

User Info: Nightgazer

Nightgazer
6 years ago#1
Topic. I don't really care for the new dresses, but it would be nice to know for later.
Okay, I'm done now. It's just not funny anymore.

User Info: Nightgazer

Nightgazer
6 years ago#2
Hate to do a bump, but hopefully someone will be able to answer now that the game's been out for a while.
Okay, I'm done now. It's just not funny anymore.

User Info: timfoto

timfoto
6 years ago#3
Go to My Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\

Open AliceEngine.ini

At bottom under [AliceGame.AliceGameEngine], change GIsSpecialPCEdition=FALSE to TRUE will unlock all DLC dresses and weapons.

Don't forget to back-up. Enjoy!

User Info: Joe_Molotov

Joe_Molotov
6 years ago#4
Doesn't work on the Steam version unfortunately. The dresses and weapons still aren't there, and it adds a "Play American McGee's Alice" option to the main menu, but when you click it, it just closes the game.

User Info: Lunawolf

Lunawolf
6 years ago#5

Doesn't work on the Steam version unfortunately. The dresses and weapons still aren't there, and it adds a "Play American McGee's Alice" option to the main menu, but when you click it, it just closes the game.

Yes it does. Click on Equip on the main menu, and then use the arrow keys to scroll left and right through the dresses or weapons.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5075/kumauy6.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7567/kuma.jpg

User Info: Pango5k

Pango5k
6 years ago#6
Thanks so much for that timfoto!
"Have a nice day!" ~ The Mysterious Wonder Chef
3DS - 1762-2756-2361 XBL & PSN Gamertag: Pango5k

Joe_Molotov
6 years ago#7
Okay, nevermind, I got it to work. I was trying to use the mouse, but for some reason that didn't work, but using the arrow keys did.

Joe_Molotov
6 years ago#8
Still too bad American McGee's Alice doesn't work. I bet if you could get the files from somewhere, it would work.

User Info: Frogtk

Frogtk
6 years ago#9
Joe_Molotov posted...
Still too bad American McGee's Alice doesn't work. I bet if you could get the files from somewhere, it would work.

Get the files from somewhere, and it would work huh? Well...duh. And you didn't need the release of AMR to do that lol.
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk

User Info: johndmes

johndmes
6 years ago#10
Joe_Molotov posted...

Ya - as a original install that has issues...

The verions included with Madness Returns has been modified to run properly on modern OSs, and shares soem assets with AMR - so just installing Alice 1 won't make it call-able from the AMR menu.
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. Is it possible to buy the extra DLC if you bought the disc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived