What's up with the boring cardboard levels these days?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. What's up with the boring cardboard levels these days?

User Info: pormogo

pormogo
5 years ago#1
I was so bored after the third scroll section of chapter three. It made me lose a ton of immersion into the game. Shadows of the Damned suffered from the same fate, as I recall, having you shoot at cardboard-cutout enemies for some real boring combat.

I don't know, just these kinds of sections break it for me. The game's great, just these parts are a little unneeded, especially all three of them being in the same chapter. Blergh.
Achachachachaba!
Massage me for my GT.

User Info: Kung_Fu_Fighter

Kung_Fu_Fighter
5 years ago#2
Those scroll stages actually helped change the pace and perspective of the game halfway through. I liked it.

The Dollhouse crap at the end is awful though.
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX

User Info: lloyd_dobler

lloyd_dobler
5 years ago#3
Having started Alice:MR just after finishing Shadows of the Damned, I was not terribly excited or impressed to see more 2D minilevels. In both games, they didn't seriously impact my enjoyment or anything, but I can't help feeling like they could have been more effectively employed.
Inyuk-chuk!

User Info: OLD_MAN_GAMER

OLD_MAN_GAMER
5 years ago#4
agree 100%- this game is boring. if anyone knows a part where things were exciting, please tell me. i was called a troll because i said the same thing. run, jump, find secret item, fight a few enemies, go to next part. all the jumping lead to one boss fight (that was way too easy)

this game was a letdown.

OLD_MAN_GAMER
5 years ago#5
you can go a step further- the first 3 puzzles all have the same solution! thats tricky!

User Info: myrddral_slayer

myrddral_slayer
5 years ago#6
agree 100%- this game is boring. if anyone knows a part where things were exciting, please tell me. i was called a troll because i said the same thing. run, jump, find secret item, fight a few enemies, go to next part. all the jumping lead to one boss fight (that was way too easy)

this game was a letdown.

While your point is somewhat valid, every game can be boiled down like that.

CoD: Run, shoot guy, hide behind wall, watch cutscene shoot more guys, repeat for 6 hours.
Final Fantasy: Walk, see whiny emo angsty cutscene, walk some more, get in random fight, mash x, see cutscene, repeat, see cutscene.
Mario: Run, jump, run, jump, star, run, jump, GOAL!
Alice: jump, fight, jump jump jump jump, cutscene, fight fight jump fight...
you must beat the dead horse till it rides itself to oblivion~ BAMF__

User Info: almasbaby

almasbaby
5 years ago#7
I thought some of the enemies were pretty awesome, and amusing. I LMAO the first time I encountered a Samurai Wasp, and the Baby Doll was one of the coolest enemies I've ever faced.

User Info: Hatreds_Wrath

Hatreds_Wrath
5 years ago#8
The cigar smoking crab had me laughing a bit!
XBL GT - He1l Knight
"The double barreled shotgun, is a shotgun but, with two barrels." - Todd Howard on Fallout 3

OLD_MAN_GAMER
5 years ago#9
there needs to be more games where smoking a hooka is involved
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. What's up with the boring cardboard levels these days?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived