RE 5 Stopped working?!?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. RE 5 Stopped working?!?!

User Info: dhughes_

dhughes_
8 years ago#1

I've installed it and played through once without too many problems~ was going through it again and all of a sudden I can't get into the game??? It's like in a LOOP.. I click the START.. it cycles, and ends up right back at that point?

I spent an hour this morning, trying to change everything back to default (just in case that would help).. nope, same thing.. rebooted computer.. no help..

Anyone have a clue as to why all of sudden this started happening?

Thanks,

z

User Info: Taimanin

Taimanin
8 years ago#2
Check if your pc have the minimum requirements to run the game properly.
Otherwise, try to reinstall the game.

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
8 years ago#3
^He played trough it once. i'm quite sure it's not a problem with the requirements.
Russia! Vodka! Tetris!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8j1C3o-uzQ

User Info: dhughes_

dhughes_
8 years ago#4

Yes, I have played through the entire game.. without too many issues.. so requirements are not the problem.

I don't mind reinstalling, but if it means I have to play it through again to get the bonus goodies (unlimited ammo, $$, etc.) that sucks.

Is there a way to SAVE my info and then reinstall, or would it just over write the game files and leave my saves alone?

Thanks,

z

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
8 years ago#5
Usually reinstalling the game gives you an option to remove everything except the saves. I'm not sure about this game since i haven't uninstalled it yet, but if i were you i would backup your saves to another folder to be sure. And no Reinstalling the game won't write over the saves if they aren't removed while uninstalling.
Rusisia! Vodka! Tetris!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8j1C3o-uzQ
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. RE 5 Stopped working?!?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived