Dealing with these game mechanics

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. Dealing with these game mechanics

User Info: Trunks789

Trunks789
4 years ago#1
I want to get into the multiplayer of this game more but its really annoying me a lot because of the game mechanics. Can someone explain to me why aiming down the sights with an assult rifle is so ineffective? Both strafing and aiming is extremely slow in this game when aiming down the sights. I play games like uncharted 3 and battlefield 3 where its essential to aim down the sights because hip fire severely reduces your accuracy but this game doesnt seem to have that effect on hip fire. im trying to aim down the sights but its so slow that i cant even follow the players that just zig zag while hip firing their dual wielded pistols. They are quite a distance away from me but they still hit me fine. Before someone mentions sensitivity, I've tried it already cranking up both the speed and acceleration but it still doesnt work well for me. This is a serious question, and I would really like to enjoy this multiplayer if i can figure out how this work

User Info: Ikilluha1

Ikilluha1
4 years ago#2
Duel-wield.

Don't aim down the sights unless they are bit farther. Duel-wield, run in zig zags, use the right analog to look around, roll, and keep shooting.
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: Trunks789

Trunks789
4 years ago#3
so basically aiming down the sights and two handed weapons in this game are almost useless? Pretty weird and i hope GTA V isnt like that at all. Also I wanted to know what sensitivity settings you use when playing like this?

User Info: Ikilluha1

Ikilluha1
4 years ago#4
A bit. I myself used the sniper rifles a bit more.

But duel wielding has a lot more perks in a fight in this game. You're quicker at running, and you can dodge, roll, and all that and you can turn around a lot faster. I'm not sure if there's a delay when looking down the sights of an assault rifle or the mini-30 like the what the sniper rifles had.

You have your reticle on the screen anyways when you're not looking down the sights, I recommend putting your sensitivity about 1 above the norm and practice shooting and such. The single player basically is that practice.

I myself had my sensitivity one below the highest because I used the sniper rifles and felt more comfortable with it since I played a lot with that setting.
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: EndlessCemetary

EndlessCemetary
4 years ago#5
The most important aspect is to know the environment.

-if you're gonna be facing alot of gunfights up close, then either dual-wield or use the sawn-off shotgun (one of my favorite weapons) and master strafing/rolling techniques.

-if you prefer fighting from a distance, then maintain that distance and pick your opponents off methodically, shooting in bursts rather than just holding down fire; I've had much success using semi-autos for their damage and accuracy (the FAL rifle along with the 1911, bull, and DE pistols are tops).

Also, take some time to loot bodies for painkillers and ammo (understated, but extremely valuable, especially with lockbox and light fingers).
"Idle hands are the tools of the devil, that's why I jerk off"- MH2
  1. Boards
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. Dealing with these game mechanics

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived