I got this today and compared to the PS3 demo...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Bigs 2
  3. I got this today and compared to the PS3 demo...

User Info: hdobej

hdobej
8 years ago#1
it's inferior. However, it's still good. Actually, I prefer the psp version because I can play it outside of my house. The gameplay is very similar between the two, and the "legends challenge" mode is quite fun.

Let me level with you guys, I'm not a fan of sports games. I've played a few, but never bought any. However, after playing the PS3 demo for hours, I knew I had to buy this game. Last week I tried MLB 09: The Show, and I didn't like it at all (I'm sorry if I offended some people). That almost turned me off of this game, but I decided to give it a chance, and I'm glad I did.

Why the psp version? As I mentioned above, The gameplay is similar and I can play it anywhere, at any time I want. If your just going to sit in one spot to play, I'd go for the other versions. Also, there doesn't seem to be any online in the psp version.

The PS3 demo was better in the following aspects:
-Graphics: On the PS3 it looked smooth and crisp, very clean, and shiny. It look good on the psp, but nothing exciting.
-Controls: Pitching is smoother on the PS3, and the vibrations from the controller really helps when pitching. It just takes a little more practice to pitch on the psp version, but I'm used to it.

In the "legends challenge" mode, when creating a character, you can choose any position except for a catcher of pitcher.

In conclusion, I really like this game and I would recommend to anyone, even if you're not a fan of sport games.

Hope that helps people.
PSN: jebodh
  1. Boards
  2. The Bigs 2
  3. I got this today and compared to the PS3 demo...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived