How do you shut your Pip Boy off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. How do you shut your Pip Boy off?

User Info: hafertepe

hafertepe
7 years ago#1
During one of the loading screens I read that your sneak attacks are more successful if you shut your PipBoy off, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.
All time fave games: Mario 3, Chrono Trigger, Mario 64, Pokemon, Katamari, SW: Battlefront I & II, Fallout 3

User Info: kronikk

kronikk
7 years ago#2
hold B to turn the pip boy light on and off
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1180649/devin-hester-punt-return-o.gif
http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/upld/katy-perry.gif http://i54.tinypic.com/2z85fr8.jpg

User Info: quietguy1350

quietguy1350
7 years ago#3
That's referring to the pip boy light that you can toggle on and off. You toggle it by holding down the button you have set to open your pip boy.
I would change the world, if God gave me the source code.

User Info: Mortred

Mortred
7 years ago#4
Hold 'B' to turn on/off your Pip-Boy light. Obviously you'll sneak better with the light off.
This account was created 9 years ago.
It seemed like a good name at the time...

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
7 years ago#5
if you hold down the button that opens yer invintory yer light coems on
same to turn it off

quietguy1350
7 years ago#6
Rats! Kronikk beat me to it. lol

User Info: groverfett

groverfett
7 years ago#7
They mean you should shut off the radio and the light on it. Shutting on/off the light is easy, just hold down the B button. To turn off the radio go to that screen in the pip-boy and de-select whatever station it's tuned to.
Never thought I'd be on a boat. It's a big blue watery road. Poseidon, look at me now!

quietguy1350
7 years ago#8
They mean you should shut off the radio and the light on it. Shutting on/off the light is easy, just hold down the B button. To turn off the radio go to that screen in the pip-boy and de-select whatever station it's tuned to.

Radio has no effect on sneaking.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
7 years ago#9
ya no one can hear yer radion but you
you see yer pip boy is wired into yer nervouse system and only you can hear whats playign on it

User Info: hafertepe

hafertepe
7 years ago#10
See, I knew all of that and it didn't say "Turn off your pipboy light and radio" It said something like "It's easier to sneak up on people when you don;t have a glowing green light on your arm" I remember the part about sneaking easier when you don't have a green light on your arm.

IDK the way the slide on the loading screen said it just made me think you could shut your actual pipboy off completely - which would be pretty cool. You sneak better, but maybe you can't turn it back on during combat.
All time fave games: Mario 3, Chrono Trigger, Mario 64, Pokemon, Katamari, SW: Battlefront I & II, Fallout 3
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. How do you shut your Pip Boy off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived