I dont understand the use of the new shotgun shells...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. I dont understand the use of the new shotgun shells...

User Info: GunningSoul

GunningSoul
5 years ago#1
I'm not sure I understand the use of the new shotgun shells/slugs.

Dragon's breath - Very cool effect, like transforming my shotgun into a flamthrower. But I'm left to wonder, what is the technical advantage of using such ammo type? Maybe it burns armor, or something?

4/0 Slugs - I know there's 4 projectiles instead of the usual amount, but how can I use that to my advantage? I'm guessing there's less spread, or is it?

Pulse Slugs -I'm completly puzzled about the way to use theses. It seems they are simply weaker versions of slugs with a pulse-y effect added to them. What do they do that would make them worth using?
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!

User Info: MC2011

MC2011
5 years ago#2
1) Adds a damage over time effect that I think might be boosted with pyro.

2) More damage with less pellets, useful against light armor.

3) Good against robots/power armor.
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger

User Info: MasterofTheives

MasterofTheives
5 years ago#3
GunningSoul posted...

Dragon's breath - Very cool effect, like transforming my shotgun into a flamthrower. But I'm left to wonder, what is the technical advantage of using such ammo type? Maybe it burns armor, or something?

4/0 Slugs - I know there's 4 projectiles instead of the usual amount, but how can I use that to my advantage? I'm guessing there's less spread, or is it?

Pulse Slugs -I'm completly puzzled about the way to use theses. It seems they are simply weaker versions of slugs with a pulse-y effect added to them. What do they do that would make them worth using?

Dragons Breath does good fire damage.

4/0 has less spread and less projectiles, but I think they're stronger, especially the Magnum 4/0.

Like any pulse weapon, the Pulse Slugs are meant to be a good way to dispatch robots and anyone in Power Armor.
Oblivion called, said they want their troll back.

User Info: Nicodaemos

Nicodaemos
5 years ago#4
GunningSoul posted...

Dunno, haven't tested it yet. But I would guess that it causes damage over time.

Dunno.

Use them against robots and people in Power Armor.

Edit: Ninja'd. Redundant post ftw!
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
5 years ago#5
MC2011 posted...
1) Adds a damage over time effect that I think might be boosted with pyro.

2) More damage with less pellets, useful against heavy armor.

3) Good against robots/power armor.

Fixed.
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)

User Info: MC2011

MC2011
5 years ago#6
eh, I started a new character so I don't know the full potential of the 3/0,4/0 buck yet, but it just seems like the damage so far has been boosted enough to help bypass middle tier light armor/low tier medium armor more than anything.

Edit - Well, if you don't take into account the Shotgun Surgeon perk.
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
5 years ago#7
MasterofTheives posted...
GunningSoul posted...

Dragons Breath does good fire damage.

4/0 has less spread and less projectiles, but I think they're stronger, especially the Magnum 4/0.

Like any pulse weapon, the Pulse Slugs are meant to be a good way to dispatch robots and anyone in Power Armor.

Compared to normal magnums? No dude.

4/0 only applies to less projectiles which basically means more likely chance of all the shells hitting. I wouldn't say less spread because its not like it decreases the spread of the Riot Shotgun. 4/0 is also not stronger than the normal Magnums. They both have a 30% increase.
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)

User Info: CheetahZ1

CheetahZ1
5 years ago#8
Is it a 30% overall increase.

Or is it a 30% increase to each pellet?
Dear Gearbox, Rock is overpowered please nerf it. Paper is fine the way it is.
From, Scissors

User Info: HaywoodJBM

HaywoodJBM
5 years ago#9
CheetahZ1 posted...
Is it a 30% overall increase.

Or is it a 30% increase to each pellet?

Magnum Rounds add 30% overall damage. 4/0(or 3/0) adds damage to each individual pellet, but with fewer pellets. This means that 4/0 does the same amount of damage against unarmored opponents as regular/normal rounds. But, against armored opponents, 4/0 will do more damage because each pellet has more damage, meaning greater penetration.

Really people, its not hard to understand
my gamertag is: BlazerKill
Minecraft IGN: MottoScotto

User Info: Unstandardwar

Unstandardwar
5 years ago#10
He forgot to mention Flechettes.
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. I dont understand the use of the new shotgun shells...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived