Hedging your Bets: a guide to delaying your final choice of faction {SPOILERS}

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Hedging your Bets: a guide to delaying your final choice of faction {SPOILERS}

User Info: CrayCrayFish

CrayCrayFish
5 years ago#61
Bump!

User Info: Jakeperson911

Jakeperson911
4 years ago#62
You left out a major faction in your list of factions. The brotherhood of steel. While they are the hardest faction to find, you can end up getting them to leave the bunker in Hidden valley by either; A. Helping paladin harden stage a coup. Or B. helping Veronica convince Elder mcnamera to take the Brotherhood out of the bunker. The Brotherhood of Steel is by far the most advanced faction and offers the the strongest weapons and armors (such as power armor) you don't even come into contact with other major factions for the first few quests so if you don't complete them you still have a pipeline to powerful weapons and MK 2 combat armor (you must become a member of the Brotherhood in order to receive power armor training, as well as full access to their store's inventory). The primary problem with becoming a member of the Brotherhood presents itself in becoming friends with them. The only way to do that is through attaining Veronica on trade station 188 on the highway as your companion. You can find them by simply entering hidden valley after dark (the Brotherhood attacks you if you are not with Veronica) for the Brotherhood sends out patrols at night. A good way to earn experience as well as get powerful weapons and valuable armors is through attacking the Brotherhood patrols, but not if you wanna stay friends with them. The only way I have yet found to become a friend of the Brotherhood of Steel is entering the bunker with Veronica. She speaks to a guard through the intercom when you walk up to the locked door. Then the guard lets you inside of level one of the bunker. You can then attain quests from Elder Mcnamerra, as well as feed Head Paladin Hardin info on Mcnamarra and aiding Hardin in a coup of the Elder if you wish to.

User Info: Moogle_Yuna

Moogle_Yuna
4 years ago#63
you can lockpick their front door - they'll give you a quest to "remove" a ranger squatting in one of the nearby bunkers

or you can do "ed-e my love" and get invited by lorenzo to drop off your eyebot for research (they let you in, don't know if they make you do the "get lost ranger" thing to prove your trustworthiness that way, cos i usually give ed-e to the followers)
---
Touch not the cat bot a glove.

User Info: Finnegan

Finnegan
4 years ago#64
Jake> I didn't touch on the Brotherhood (or numerous other minor factions) because they aren't mutually exclusive and don't have their own endgame plotline. This guide was only for the four major factions that lead you through to the game's ending.
QVANTI CANICVLA ILLE IN FENESTRA

User Info: FalloutNVKing

FalloutNVKing
4 years ago#65
Bump
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
4 years ago#66
FalloutNVKing posted...
Bump

This is a sticky topic. It doesn't require bumping.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

User Info: JFKandLBJ

JFKandLBJ
4 years ago#67
I think I like how you can dance between Yes Man and the NCR, as they seem to be the most appealing factions (at least to me).

What conditions did you play under that you didn't break the NCR Questline while doing Yes Man quests? Cuz I would like to control Vegas (in the end), but at the same time I would like all the perks that come with being aligned with the NCR (like the merchants, not being treated like garbage by them, the Ranger Armor and all that)

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
4 years ago#68
JFKandLBJ posted...
I think I like how you can dance between Yes Man and the NCR, as they seem to be the most appealing factions (at least to me).

What conditions did you play under that you didn't break the NCR Questline while doing Yes Man quests? Cuz I would like to control Vegas (in the end), but at the same time I would like all the perks that come with being aligned with the NCR (like the merchants, not being treated like garbage by them, the Ranger Armor and all that)

Just get liked or idolized by them before Don't Tread On The Bear is complete. Also, they don't become hostile unless you complete Don't Tread On The Bear through Render Unto Caesar.
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
(edited 4 years ago)
Moogle_Yuna posted...
you can lockpick their front door - they'll give you a quest to "remove" a ranger squatting in one of the nearby bunkers

or you can do "ed-e my love" and get invited by lorenzo to drop off your eyebot for research (they let you in, don't know if they make you do the "get lost ranger" thing to prove your trustworthiness that way, cos i usually give ed-e to the followers)
---

You do not have to lockpick their bunker door, nor do you have to do the quest "ED-E My Love", just wait until level fifthteen or so( or until someone speaks to you about them) and go into their bunker in hidden vally and they will ask you who you are and have suspicion about you. Just follow the paladin to the elder. Sorry, I did not mean any disrespect from this post.
---The flux capacator, you say?Sir, that's a blender with a turtle taped to the side.

User Info: Moogle_Yuna

Moogle_Yuna
4 years ago#70
No offence taken - I didn't know about that.
Then again, by the time I'm at that level, I've already got Veronica, so never needed to know that.
---
Touch not the cat bot a glove.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Hedging your Bets: a guide to delaying your final choice of faction {SPOILERS}

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.