How good's the YCS/186 with the gauss rifle glitches?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. How good's the YCS/186 with the gauss rifle glitches?

User Info: Runite

Runite
4 years ago#1
Occasionally misfiring is fine, I can roll with that. No crits? No sneak attacks? No headshot bonus?

Is it worth it, or should I use the Holorifle for sniping instead?

User Info: Runite

Runite
4 years ago#2
ALSO: Does special ammo work with gauss rifles / the YCS? Or does it do the same fixed damage even with Max Charge cells?

User Info: lorddrago88

lorddrago88
4 years ago#3
Gauss Rifles are s*** with all the glitches. Use the various sniper rifles like the AMR or COS Rifle from OWB.
Ulfric is not racist. He is a nationalist. If he's racist, why is my Dark Elf warrior allowed to join the Stormcloaks?

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
4 years ago#4
The glitches only apply to VATs. Why would you use VATs for a sniping? Basically, all VATs does is give you at least a 5% chance to completely miss against a stationary target with an extremely accurate weapon.

The usefulness varies. The YCS/186 with the Meltdown perk can snipe entire groups of enemies. If you are energy weapons only, the YCS/186 is better for sniping really, really tough enemies, but otherwise the Holorifle is better since it one hit kills most enemies when used as a sniper weapon. If you also have guns, you really should be going for a silenced weapon. Even the Sniper Rifle, despite the unimpressive looking damage stat, can one hit kill almost everything, so ultimately a silencer is much better than overkilling an enemy with more damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. How good's the YCS/186 with the gauss rifle glitches?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived