Does using console commands disable Steam Achievements?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Does using console commands disable Steam Achievements?

User Info: metroid331

metroid331
7 years ago#1
so far the only one i have used is kill, but by doing that did i enable myself not able to unlock steam cheats, i think in previous games i could not get achievments when i used cheats.
Prof. Membrane: "Son,There better not be any walking dead up there!"
Dib: "Nothing to worry about dad, and i said i was sorry about that!"

User Info: TheAvilanator

TheAvilanator
7 years ago#2
Yeah you locked yourself out
“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.”
-- Philip K. Dick

metroid331
7 years ago#3
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

User Info: FrizzleFriedPup

FrizzleFriedPup
7 years ago#4
Hrm... I'm curious. So if I enable the ability to use my console command. I am locked out of achievements.

Or if I enable it and use it for a cheat. Then it disables all the steam achievements I am able to get?

Even if I restart a new game?

And are you meaning STEAM only achievements or the ones that give you perks in game only?

metroid331
7 years ago#5
i wanted to know about steam achievments, so does that mean on my second palythrough when i want to be evil i can't get them either?

this just ruined my day since i only have 7 achievements so far and know they are gone.
only used kill like 5 times ..... for some stupid cezadors i was too lazy to kill.

User Info: Syranic

Syranic
7 years ago#6
What if you use no clip to get unstuck? Thats so stupid..
Just like all the other classes... Take your pick, the slightly darker wet paper bag, or the lightly coloured dry paper bag... with buttons. Enjoy. ~ Sigalpha

User Info: Cloud19

Cloud19
7 years ago#7
I seem to still get achievements after I used a console command to fix my karma after a glitch reset it to neutral. Not that I care either way. Achievements are pointless.
The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion...draws all things else to support and agree with it.--Sir Francis Bacon

FrizzleFriedPup
7 years ago#8
Ya i'm kinda thinking that too, steam achievements are pretty lame.

if i was on xbox I might, care. But then again I didn't get fallout on PC because I wanted the average gamer experience.

I'm all about the mods and different things you can do with the game in the future.

User Info: CursedAnubis

CursedAnubis
7 years ago#9
Please note that if you use the console to cheat, you can restart your game (as in close the game completely and open it again) and it re-enable steam achievements.
"Heh heh, asschabs." - Oghren

FrizzleFriedPup
7 years ago#10
Confirming what Silver said is true, just restart the game. Not your system. And you can get the achievements all the same. AND the mods you make with console stay on your character.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Does using console commands disable Steam Achievements?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived