This is a total conversion mod

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. This is a total conversion mod

User Info: Hikusaak

Hikusaak
7 years ago#1
In the end, so what? It's a good total conversion mod.
Yes you pay for it. I'd pay for a good total conversion mod, no question.
The Circle Rune says...
"Nothing's cheaper than something free."

User Info: Rip_Van_WinkleX

Rip_Van_WinkleX
7 years ago#2
You could say the same about KotoR2. Same engine >.< Hell, you could say Fallout 3 is a total conversion mod for oblivion.

User Info: wis3boi

wis3boi
7 years ago#3

god forbid a game use the same engine and basic mechanics

User Info: Redcount

Redcount
7 years ago#4
Space bar is jump in this game.

Clearly a lazy-ass attempt at a Super Mario Brothers expansion.
"There's a lot of bleeding hearts around who just don't like to see people around with helmets and guns. All I can say is go on and bleed." - Trudeau

User Info: DerickWicks

DerickWicks
7 years ago#5

it's not that they used the same engine that makes it a TC it's that they recycled all the content from fo3 that does not to mention, is very cheap and lame but with that said this game is everything fo3 should have been. i paid for it and would again :)

User Info: Tameric

Tameric
7 years ago#6
You might as well say that Half Life 2 was a total conversion mod of Counter Strike: Source because they both use the Source engine.
http://www.cubeupload.com/files/55800bestmodoverturnevar.png

User Info: _BaronOfHell_

_BaronOfHell_
7 years ago#7
it's not that they used the same engine that makes it a TC it's that they recycled all the content from fo3 that does not to mention, is very cheap and lame but with that said this game is everything fo3 should have been. i paid for it and would again :)

They recycled the resources, not the content, huge difference
Steam - The Poopflinger | Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/Baron_Of_Hell

User Info: Son_of_Lucian04

Son_of_Lucian04
7 years ago#8
The devs were given about a year to work with, most devs that create game engines and resources from scratch had been developing their engines for YEARS. Source, Gamebryo and X-Ray all started their development cycle close to 10 years ago, so they aren't exactly "NEW" engines and it is far cheaper to just recycle assets from a prior title which gives you more time to focus on new assests without having to blow your wad in game development.

I never hated FO3, but the story absolutely sucked, Obsidian fixed that while adding some cool new features. Buggy release or not, FONV is a much better game than FO3 (Without mods).
You guys can have your shorter kill times with your fancy sharp swords and bludgeoning weapons. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes looking awesome. - Typhlax

User Info: sicknessgcn

sicknessgcn
7 years ago#9
SPACE BAR JUMPING seems to be catching on. Even in Indie games like Minecraft.
you got some herpe on your upper lip there

User Info: pkay45

pkay45
7 years ago#10
Yeah but what about the LOADS of stuff they added and improved upon? How come that gets overlooked?
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. This is a total conversion mod

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived