The console commande to raise skill points doesn't seem to work.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. The console commande to raise skill points doesn't seem to work.

User Info: Rogue_Leader_X

Rogue_Leader_X
6 years ago#1
Hey, I missed the "Educated" perk early on and therefore missed out on alot of the skill points I could have gotten with it. I tried using the console command "modpcs" to modify this back to what it would have been if I had taken this perk when it was first offered. However, the console command does not appear to work. I type in, lets say "Modpcs Science 40". However, it doesn't change the skill point value for that attribute. What gives here?

User Info: Rogue_Leader_X

Rogue_Leader_X
6 years ago#2
Hmmmm I tried another one, player.modav and that seems to actually work

User Info: RiP_ili

RiP_ili
6 years ago#3

If you use any console commands and don't want to miss any achievements, be sure to save and restart your game after entering the command. Anytime a console command is entered, acheivements are immediately disabled for that play session. I learned that the hard way.

User Info: Strawberry_Jum

Strawberry_Jum
6 years ago#4
The one listed in the cheat section works fine. I think it's player.setav (skill) #.

And yeah, save and reload. I also learned about achievements the hard way (though it's nice getting them in my legit playthrough).
Steam ID: zephkiel_olandos
Steam games: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
6 years ago#5
It's still annoying having to reload the game after using the console for TCL because I fell through a rock or got stuck behind something though.
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
I feel stupid for being smart.

User Info: MoonScar119

MoonScar119
6 years ago#6
I prefer "player.forceav XXX YYY"

It'll force the command and not add to it like modav does

Personal favorite when I want to avoide traveling back and fourth while searching for goodies "player.forceav carryweight 1000000"

Nothing like being able to carry around a million pounds of weight containing 100 suits of power armor. lol
The innocent only exist until they inevitably become perpetrators. Guilt or innocence is a matter of timing.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. The console commande to raise skill points doesn't seem to work.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived